3

I trained with Ciri she was like an older sister to me. I of course only learned my ability to shapeshift. I had just learned how to rear on my hind legs and it took some practice but Geralt and Ciri were always there. Vesimir tried to keep me amused with theory as he thought I was too dangerous to train or even train with the other witchers. He was afraid the training would unleash the beast.

I remember one rainy afternoon in Kaer Morhen, when I was stuck in my chambers I watched the rest of the witchers training out of the window I leaned my head against the window pining to be out there. Yeneffer bought me book after book as Vesimir had requested, still, I was bored out of my skull, you would have got more of out of me if you played fetch with me. Geralt walked into my room that eve and I ran to him, and he wrapped me in a hug I cried into his shoulder. "It's not fair," I whined.

"I know, I know," he replied and stroked my back gently. "Come with me." I followed and we ended up in the mountains. The cold air whipped around us but my thick leather coat kept me warm.

"What are we doing here?" I asked standing opposite the ashen haired witcher.

"You are to train with me," he said.

"What? Really? Vesimir allowed you?" I asked a little excited.

"He doesn't know," Geralt answered.

"It was Yennefer's idea," he explained. "She saw how miserable you were, even Ciri tried persuading Vesimir." I turned into my wolf form, my ears pricked forward and felt a wave of excitement wash over my being. "One thing, I can't train you in beast form."

"Beast?" I growled digging my claws into the rock. I ran at him, I hoped to add more scars to his collection but he sidestepped and I missed.

"Your wolf is using you, how about you learn how to use the wolf," he said. I shifted into human, I plucked my sword from its scabbard and pointed it at Geralt looking down the blade.

"Good," he said. I raced towards him ready to strike but he avoided my blade by pushing it away from him using his. "We really need to work on your footwork." I nodded and walked back to my starting point. I could hear Geralts voice but he wasn't saying anything, that was when I woke up and realized I wasn't laying on the ground anymore, I was on the back of Roach Geralt had his arms through mine controlling her.

"What were you dreaming about?" He asked.

"Kaer Morhen and when you used to train with me," I replied, only noticing I was in human form. "How did I change?"

"Vesimir was trying to coax you but you just did it yourself," Geralt answered.

"I still curse the day you trained her Geralt, she's more powerful than both of us put together," Vesimir said.

I dismounted the still moving horse and walked next to Geralt. We had finally reached Novigrad and I was sent to the tavern straight away to get three rooms. "Be careful," Geralt warned.

"I will," I nodded leaving his side.

"You're too soft on the beast," Vesimir said as I walked into the tavern.