27

By the end of the fight, the men were wheezing on the floor hugging their stomachs, "well three are better than one," Geralt said. We all turned to him bleeding and bruised. "Let me see," he approached me first. 

"No!" I growled, "you tend to Ciri first." Geralt rolled his eyes and looked her over. 

"I am fine too, you needn't fuss over me," she said. 

"I think we need to retire and get away from prying eyes," Geralt said, looking around at us. 

"I think that may be a good idea," Jaskier said, joining us upstairs. We had the first room as you ascended the stairs, this way no one would run into us. I was ordered to sit on the bed by Geralt, I swatted his hands away several times.

"How many times have I told you, that I don't want your help!" I growled and flashed my eyes yellow at him.

"And how many times have I told you you will get an infection and then we can't travel!" He exclaimed.

"Touché," I replied and we both fell silent. Defeated. "That's better."

"One day you'll stop treating me like a child," I said.

"One day you'll stop acting like one," he replied as he turned my head to the side checking the wounds.

"Are you sure you don't want me to take over Geralt?" Ciri asked. "We don't want her attacking you again."

"She wouldn't dare..." I cut him off.

"I'm not a feral anymore!" I barked.

"That happened one time!" Jaskier exclaimed.

"You weren't there!" I snapped.

"No, but I heard about it," he said attempting to recover quickly.

"Then you have no right to say anything,"Ciri said. "These two are much closer than you may believe."

"We shared a soul bond at one time," Geralt said as he checked the wounds on my knuckles.

"A soul bond?" Jaskier asked turning his head to the side.

"We could see through each others eyes, and if anyone was injured it appeared on me too," Geralt explained.

"How did that happen?" He asked.

"A drunken mistake," Geralt replied.

"More like a jealous girlfriend," I said and turned to Ciri giggling.

"When you're both quite done," he snapped. "You'll live you only have a few minor injuries."

"See, I told you, you had no reason to fuss!" I said climbing off the bed and planted myself right in front of the fire.

"We're all going to want that!" Jaskier whined and sat next to me attempting to push me out of the way.

"You know she's stronger than you and will snap your bones easily," Geralt reminded him.

"She wouldn't dare!" He cried.

"If you annoy me enough I will," I growled and flashed my eyes at him, he backed off and sat on the bed next to Geralt.

"Yes, you are a very brave bard aren't you? Scared by a shapeshifter," he teased. Ciri and I exchanged glances and giggled again.

"I would say stick to your songs, adventure is not for you," Ciri said.