7

Geralt didn't want to move me since he thought it was better I was buried. I walked up to a shelf and knocked a jar off the table. it shattered as it fell to the floor. Both Ciri and Geralt exchanged glances. I took the knife from my scabbard on my body and carved a message into the table.

'Don't you let me go, Witcher!' Ciri giggled but tears still glittered in her eyes.

"Geralt you find Yennefer and I will stay here with her corpse and her soul," she said. I smiled to myself I wasn't going to stay here I was going to follow Geralt. He was about to put my corpse down and leave but he stopped.

"It's futile," he replied.

"Why?" Ciri asked a little concerned.

'Because we never got on,' I carved into the table.

"What happened?" Ciri inquired as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"Well Phoenix and I have a tighter bond than I do with Yennefer and she got jealous by it. I was injured and Phoenix healed me but Yennefer didn't like it. And she tried many times to kill Phoenix and many times I was the one having to look after the poor shapeshifter..." Ciri cut him off.

"That was years ago, surely she wouldn't still be quite as jealous?" Ciri stated.

"I know nothing has changed and she would be happy more than anything that she is finally dead. I am sure there must be another way," he said. I got up and moved next to Geralt my hand resting on his shoulder.

"I could try bringing her back!" Ciri suggested.

"It will weaken you greatly," he reminded me.

"I don't care she is like a sister to me," she reminded him. He finally agreed and the ritual was set up. Geralt gently laid my corpse down on the floor, my hands rested on my stomach, my legs curled up and my head laying to the left. He stepped out of the circle with the pentagram and Ciri began her work. She managed to heal the wound on my throat before attempting to realign my soul with my body. It wasn't long till I felt a dragging sensation and I was dragged back into my body. I felt the warm sensation as my soul returned, my hearing was the first sense to come back and the first voice I heard was Geralts. "Did it work?" He panicked. I was sure I felt Ciri rest her cold gloved fingers on my neck.

"Yes we have a faint pulse," she replied. But I didn't move, it took about a few hours and I took in a deep breath as I sat up making Geralt jump and Ciri wake up. Geralt rushed to me and hugged me.

"Please don't ever die again!" He begged, I could hear what I thought was hurt in the witchers voice but I just thought it was concern and brushed it off.