5

Geralt left me about an hour ago but I couldn't sleep. The nightmares plagued my dreams. Instead, I pulled a book from my leather satchel and read by the fire. "Phoenix go to sleep," Vesimir yelled on the other side of the door. "We are leaving early tomorrow you need your rest."  I didn't argue I walked to my bed where I sat for a good few hours before finally drifting off. The morning soon came and so did the birds, I took a bath before strapping on my leather and swords on my back, I tied my long hair into a high pony before leaving to meet Geralt and Vesimir down stairs.

The two witchers stood by the door way waiting for me, their eyes still glowed. I joined them and we walked to the stables where our horses were tacked up and ready. I mounted my horse first and Geralt and lastly Vesimir, we rode out our horses cantered together. We slowed to a walk as we crossed a wooden bridge, the hooves of our steeds clattered loudly. I rode behind Geralt and Roach who seemed to be plodding along today instead of galloping.

"Kid, you okay?" He asked. I nodded silently. Vesimir glanced back to me.

"Geralt ride in front of me," he said. Geralt had a concerned look on his face. Vesimir grabbed my horses reins pulling him to a halt. "You're not well!" 

"I am fine," I said trying to walk but he stopped my horse again.

"You're shaking, you're beginning to sweat..." He reached over and felt my forehead. "You're burning up!" 

"We're about thirty minutes ride from the town," Geralt said turning his horse around. "Phoenix ride back to the town I'll be back in a few days to check on you," Geralt told me.

"But...!" I began.

"No turn around!" He told me sternly.

"Listen Phoenix, we can't have a person down if we are to fight," Vesimir told me.

"Fine," I whined, I turned my horse around and headed back to the town and found the inn we were staying at. I tied my horse and walked in.

"Back already and with out your friends," the innkeeper commented.

"I need a room for a few days," I said.

"Okay, you can have the rooms you had," she replied allowing me to head upstairs. As soon as I entered through the door I unbuckled my sword and threw it onto the floor. I took my armour off and laid on the bed, pulling the duvet up over my shoulders. I turned onto my side pulling my legs up and resting my hands under my pillow. I  found it hard to fall asleep. I was at my most vulnerable, anything could kill me now.

A few days later...
I had been in the tavern for around three days, I hadn't moved out of bed I was weak and Geralt hadn't returned as he promised. I had to move, I had to get out of here but it was going to be difficult but maybe, just maybe if I turned into my wolf form I would be able to make it.

I made the painful transition and hid my things before sneaking out through the window, landing on my paws. I picked up his and Vesimirs scent my nose pressed firmly to the ground, by mid day I was out of Novigrad. I came over a hill and saw Roach standing idly by herself. I made my way down and followed the heavy foot prints in the ground and found Geralt talking to three witches I hid behind a cart listening and they were talking about Ciri.