I secured three rooms at the tavern. As soon as Geralt and Vesimir walked through that door everyone stared at them and began made remarks about them. I allowed my eyes to turn a bright yellow, they glowed in the dim light, a growl to ripped through me but Geralt looked at me with his eyebrow raised.

"What?" I asked turning to him.  He pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. I took both Vesimirs and Geralts swords to their rooms and laid their blades on the beds. I retired to my room and collapsed on to the bed, my sword dug into my back, my necklace laid heavy around my neck and rested in between my collar bones. My legs dangled off the edge of the bed and I could feel my eyes closing gradually, till finally I fell asleep and the darkness consumed me.

I woke to a fire crackling softly and laughter coming from the main tavern. How I missed Kaer Morhen, how I yearned to be back behind those walls. I missed riding in the nearby forests, but for five years I've been on the road with Geralt completing quests and I am not even considered a witcher. I wandered down the stairs and sat at the bar with my back to Vesimir and Geralt, a local drunk human stumbled over to me.

"How are you bright eyes?" He asked.

"Fine," I replied, I felt his hand slither up my back and fiddled with the corset on my back. I sighed and pushed his hand off.  

"What's wrong darling?" He asked.

"You," I answered.

"Me?" He inquired.

"I don't enjoy men touching me inappropriately, so if I were you I'd back off," I said standing up and pushed him away. Geralt's and Vesimirs' gaze snapped to me. The man punched me in the jaw and dislocated it, I punched him in the stomach, he buckled over hugging it before heading butting me and punching me making my nose bleed and splitting my eyebrow. I picked him up, digging my now clawed fingers into his sides, and threw him across the bar making things crash and fall to the floor. He slid off the other end and fell to the floor with a thud.

 Geralt and Vesimir now stood up and Geralt rushed over to me restraining me, while. Vesimir  sorted the drunken man out, I tried to pull against his grip trying to loosen it "Enough!" Geralt yelled pulling my arms tighter.

"This is why I didn't want to train her and release her into humanity," Vesimir said looking at me in disgust, I bowed my head in shame, my red hair falling into my face.

"Geralt take her upstairs and sort her wounds," Vesimir ordered. He nodded and escorted me up the stairs. I sat on the bed while Geralt got a bowl of water and cloth.

"You're just like Ciri getting into fights all the time," he sighed dabbing my wounds gently. He made me flinch. "You fought well for a shifter."

What'ss that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Well you're a shifter but you fight like a Witcher," he answered.

"What do you expect when you grow up in a Witchers school, I did pick up a few things from watching you and Ciri" I replied.

"I know," he said. "At least you'll have a black eye to be proud of" Geralt laughed as he cleaned around my eye. "I will never understand why your parents wanted me to end you." I offered a smile and looked down at his wolf pendant as it swung backwards and forwards.

He followed my line of sight. "You'll earn yours one day."