12

He attempted to prise my jaws off his throat, they were clamped down tightly. "C...Ciri sword." He gurgled, my ears turned facing her.  I heard the ring of the metal as she picked it up, I tore my jaws away tearing his flesh, he cried out as blood exploded from his throat and trickled onto his armour, with a gentle pitter-patter. The wolf bowed down getting ready for another attack. "Phoenix no!" Ciri pleaded with me desperately. The beast huffed a laugh before leaping at him, but to be met with a chain made of power hooking around its neck, the chain chocked me and threw me to the floor, my eyes darted around attempting to find its source, it was Triss. The beast and I were both surprised she made it this far, she had wrapped the chain around the iron headboard; I couldn't move I was stuck.

Ciri and Yennefer rushed to Geralt while I tried all I could to break free. I pulled and pulled. "Stop her before she breaks her neck," Geralt wheezed. Ciri came over and knocked us out with the hilt of her blade sending us both into the darkness. I woke up after what must have been a couple of hours, I stretched feeling every bone in my body click, but it was just me in my body. I stood up but stumbled over. "Slowly Phoenix," Triss warned, I looked up at the bed with blurred eyes and saw Geralt laid on the bed. I pined and let my ears fall, his hand hung over the bed I attempted to rest my head under it letting him know I was back, but no response. 

I whined and nipped at his fingers gently but still nothing, I walked to the corner and curled up with my back to them, my tail covering my face. I felt a hand on my head, it travelled down to my back. "I thought I said I wasn't a dog," I growled.

"No but I know it relaxes you, that is why I've seen Geralt do it," Ciri said, I did indeed begin to relax and found myself fighting to stay awake.

"Is she out yet?" I heard Yen say.

"Not yet," Ciri said.

"Triss try chanting a bit faster," Yen said, but before I could wonder what was going on I slipped into a slumber.  I didn't dream anything in particular, but I woke up to pain, excruciating pain. 

"She's waking up!" Ciri exclaimed.

"How?" Yen asked.

"B...because when you try to separate us, nothing will keep us down, but if you separate us I will die, the wolf is a...apart of me...it...it's apart of Geralt," I said my words began to fail me, I was down. But my ears pricked up as I heard Geralt speak.

"It's true, I got a...sorceress to bring her back as part wolf, part human that's why she's the way she is," he explained before passing out.

"G...Geralt." I whined, my ears twitched for at least one sound from him but nothing. I panicked. Finally, they ceased all desire to change me and attempted to help Geralt, I was in no position to move. I just had to listen to the torturous cries as they attempted to heal my guardian.