◇𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬◇

◇━━━━━━━━━◆━━━━━━━━━◇

3rd person POV

There, lying on the cold hard ground, was (Y/n).

She could hear what was going on, but sadly, she couldn't move nor open her eyes, her body not following her commands.

The voices she heard were muffled and were incoherent to her until her hearing slowly became normal again, listening in on what was being said.

"What are you talking about?"

She heard a familiar voice speak, undeniably the voice belonging to none other than the boy who introduced himself as "Licht" but whom she knew is Patry.

"All of you were born sinners."

She could hear the clinking of metal, the sound coming from Asta's dual sword. She tried to open her eyes, but they were only able to open half way before closing again.

'I feel so weak... Drea, where are you...?' The girl tried calling out her spirit from inside her mind, but only silence followed. She hasn't seen nor talked to Drea in a while, and it was Drea's choice whether she wanted to come out or not, it was honestly worrying her to how much less and less she had appeared.

Her back was in pain, probably from laying on the not so comfortable floor of the cave they were in and some sharp rocks poking at her skin.

"Look at what you did to all those innocent children!" Asta yelled, a frown on his face as he glared up at Licht who only stared at him back blankly.

"She mentioned earlier that the victims on the battlefield are always the weak. That is incorrect. The victims are the strong. Envied, feared, discriminated against, persecuted, and... stolen from."

As those words left left his lips, (Y/n)'s hand twitched, perking up. Oh how she wanted him to elaborate to what he meant. She didn't know where he got that idea from, and why he talked about it as if it were from experience. Well, maybe he did. She couldn't shake off the feeling of relating to his words and what he felt, despite not recovering all of her memories from her supposedly past life and only remembering fragments of it.

"That is why we will not forgive the Clover Kingdom. This time, we will destroy you and create our own kingdom." "What the hell are you even talking about?!" Asta used his sword to point up at Licht. "You're the ones who attacked first, you jerk!"

An arrow of light stabbed through his leg, making him scream out in pain. "Shut your filthy mouth. You're an eyesore. Why does someone like you have that grimoire?" Licht glared, taking notice of the grimoire that floated right next to Asta.

Asta ignored the pain in his leg as he thought out of a plan, charging at Licht only to pass by him. "That won't work. And I'll be taking that grimoire back." He shot a ball of light towards him, but before it could touch Asta, someone jumped in, deflecting the attack with his sword, his grimoire that had a purple hue to them by his side.

It was Captain Yami, behind him, stood Finral.

Yami's eyes landed on Licht who stood far away from them, his grimoire infront of him as he stared back at him with a blank expression.

Asta had informed them that he's the leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun, which surprised Finral but Yami didn't seem too fazed. "Oh? I thought he'd be some big, burly guy who could eat a cow in a single gulp. But he's just a scrawny-ass beanpole."

Finral sweatdropped at his captain while looking at the enemy's leader. 'Um, I'm pretty sure muscles don't really matter. What's with that guy's creepy, infinite amount of magic?!' He thought to himself, his face paling and wanting to go home.