◇𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧◇

◇━━━━━━━━━◆━━━━━━━━━◇

(Y/n) POV

Leo was able to take down their opponent, and Rades was held down by Captain Lion's magic. He tried escaping but he couldn't, making him curse under his breath.

Captain Lion interrogated him and checked his grimoire. When he opened it, I was shocked, just like the others. 'There's only one page?'

"Don't! Don't look at it! Damn it! Give it back! Don't you dare look down on me!" I frowned as I assisted Asta, his hand on my shoulder to keep himself from dropping to the ground. "Who's gonna look down on you?" I asked, raising a brow at Rades and he went silent.

"Couldn't you think of any other way to get people to acknowledge your power? You have amazing magic, and you are strong enough to claw your way up... it's such a waste!" Asta yelled and Captain Lion spoke up next. "What you lacked to overcome adversity... was a righteous heart. Pay for your crimes." Rades clicked his tongue, sweat dripping down his face.

"Are you satisfied now?" My ear twitched. 'Did I just hear a voice... coming from his ear? But ears don't talk..' It seems as though Asta heard it too because he looked directly at Rades. "You heard it too Asta?" I asked, my voice as low as a whisper and he nodded. 'It's not only me... who was that?'

Just then, I felt the other Magic Knight's mana disappear, like the Golden Dawn and Blue Rose. Others noticed this too, so I wasn't hallucinating. 'Another enemy?'

"This is unprecedented spatial magic. Was there another spellcaster?" Captain asked Rades who had a sinister smile on his face and chuckled. Captain Lion asked again. "You're working with at least one other. A spatial magic user must have infiltrated the royal capital. Where are they? Have they already fled?"

He kept asking questions, although he didn't get a single answer from him. When he asked what their motive was, Rades just laughed. "Our true motive... is you, Fuegoleon Vermillion!"

My pupils dilated as a portal opened beneath him, enveloping him and disappearing. "Fuegoleon!" "Captain!"

"You bastard! What have you done with my brother?!" Leo yelled and I felt someone's mana nearby, a different one. And it was coming from the corner where the dead bodies lay. 'How could I have not noticed this?! It was right infront of us all along!' I grit my teeth in annoyance and pulled out my sword, running towards the pile of corpses without hesitation, raising it up and swinging it down, destroying all of them. Except for one who jumped up, using special magic.

Everyone else saw what happened and saw the person who jumped and disappeared, only to reappear at the top of a building. "I'm impressed you found me. I figured I'd be found if I used magic to transform, so I went to the trouble of making this filthy disguise. What are you, an animal?" He said, his voice gruff.

I looked up and pointed my sword at him, my eyebrows furrowed in anger. "Bring our Captain back, you jerk!" He ignored me and ripped his fake face off, showing his true face. I went pale.

"IYAAAAAAAAAH!!" I screeched. I know this was a serious situation but... "Why are there lines on your face?!" He clicked his tongue, glaring at me before continuing on his monologue.

He opened a portal, catching my attention, and I froze. A familiar figure fell from the portal, his arm gone and bleeding terribly. The binding spell on Rades ceased, an evil grin on his face and the others screamed at the sight of Captain, running towards him and staring in disbelief.

I kept silent unlike the others, my expression darkened, my hand gripping tighter on the hilt of my sword and began to breathe heavily.

"You... You will pay for that."