21.School sucks

We skipped school the hole week last week but still caught up on our work.

Today was Tuesday and this Saturday will be Paytons funeral,We parked the car and took a second to breath before we got out,things will never be the same without Payton.

"You guys we got this,Lamia do you have the letters your suppose to give Abby and Bradley"Aiden asks me and I nod yes,we got out of the car and Chase quickly made his way over to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

Reassurance that everything's going to be okay.

That day I didn't even put much effort into looking nice I just wore plain black leggings with my white air force one's and one of Paytons yellow hoodies that had a bug smiley face on the back,the boys wore the same with either a yellow tie die hoodie or just a plain out yellow hoodie.

Yellow became our favourite colour

We started walking towards the entrance and a few people had already came up to us and apologised for our loss.

When we stepped one foot into the doors the memory of our first day at this school came to my mind and it was just all so overwhelming,I turned on my heel and reached for the handle,Chase wrapper his arm around my waist and pulled me back.

"It will be okay,and remember you have to do something for Payton"he reminds me and I nod okay and sniff and wipe away the tears that escaped from my eyes,he hugged me tight which made me cry a little more.

"I'm quickly going to go to the bathroom"I  told him and went straight for the girls bathroom as fast as i could so that nobody could stop me to tell me how sorry they were for my loss.

How sorry were they when they bullied Payton thinking it would make them popular,how sorry were they when they didn't even take into consideration her illness,how sorry were they when she was alive.

I rinsed my face and went back outside to the boys,they were at our lockers,actually at Paytons we knew her locker number so we opened it up to clean it out,the amount of letters she left for us was endless i pressume but this one was addressed to me.

I decided to read it only when I get home.

So I left it in my locker.

The bell rang and it was time for form,when we entered the class everyone was looking at us,the boys took their seat at the far corner to the right not where Bradley and and his friends sat the first time we got here,they saved me a seat too.

I looked over at Bradley who was already staring at me,and I took a deep breath in and let it out.

I walked towards the back of the classroom towards Bradley and got stoped many of times by people telling me how sorry they were for my loss and stuff like how Payton was such a good person.

I mean yeah sure the people she made friends with when she was alive had the right to say that because they got to know her,but the rest...its just so very disappointing to see how people can change so quickly.

When I finally made it towards Bradley I reached out for the letter in my bag"Lamia I'm so-"I cut him off"-stop I'm not here for your pitty,Payton wanted me to give you this,only you should read it,if you think it's a joke and make your friends read it shame on you"I say and i walked away and took my seat where the boys were.

When Mr Brown came into the class I saw him wearing a yellow tie with yellow socks,he went on with the period as if it were any other but we knew why he wore those colours.

Maybe it was coincidental

Nope

Because then Mrs Baker our schools secretary came in dressed in a yellow and she looked at us and nodded.