28. December and Strawberries

Taehyung's POV

It takes me everything to not burst out laughing the moment Seokjin comes back almost tripping on his own feet with his eyes widened and his face flustered as if he took my words for something else. 

Wait, is he worried I would work here?

He shouldn't be though, there's no way I'm working here. 

There's no way I'm working anywhere for that matter. I mean, look at my hands, they're just not made for working with oil. 

Maybe modelling but nothing less than that. 

But his response was too good for me to let it go this easily. It's Kim Seokjin for god's sake. He hardly shows any expressions especially when it comes to me so to make him flustered like this was too amusing for me to let go. 

"What the fuck do you mean by that?" He says, almost panting at how fast he had rushed to the table and I bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from smiling. Instead, I give him a smirk and shrug, looking away. 

"You-you can't do this, Kim Taehyung. You just can't! Do you even- what are you even saying?" 

I was correct indeed. He thought I proposed to work here? Aw, cute.

"Taehyung.." He starts off and my eyes fall on his hands that were clenched around the ear of the chair. This is so amusing, I am so tempted to yell out in excitement. "Don't. Please."

"Hmm, why does it sound more like a command and not a request?" I ask him feigning innocence which makes him sigh before he shakes his head repeatedly. 

"You think you can work here? Are you crazy? Look at yourself!" I actually do, looking down my shirt that was unbuttoned so perfectly while my shoes- ah, I'm so glad I got them. "There's no way you working here makes any sense!" 

Of course, that doesn't make any sense. He's right, I'm too hot to be working in a kitchen but-

"Are you underestimating me? Maybe I really should show you my ability, huh? Oh yes, I should. You always underestimate me anyway. I'm tired of that." I say, jumping of the table and just when I start walking towards the kitchen, Seokjin pulls me back and makes me sit back on the chair as he stands in front of me.

"I am not!" I raise my eyebrows as he seems to be struggling to find the right words. "I'm not.. underestimating you. I just- you cannot work here, Taehyung! This is not for you. What do you even need a job for, huh? You have more than enough money-"

"Not enough work experience though."

"Then be a fucking model when you have the face for that! What will you do here, huh?"

"Whatever you do."

"Are you for real?"

"Why not? When you can do all that with a model face, why can't I?" 

Imagine us modelling togethe-

"Because this gets us money! Now, do you need money too? Don't you have enough of it?" He asks, scoffing as he sits on the chair across me in frustration with his arms crossed.

"You know what I don't have enough of?" I lick my lips as I look at him and then lean in towards him in a way that my upper body was against the table as our faces were close.

"What the f-"

"Work experience." I say immediately with a smile and pull myself away as he still looks at me with wide eyes. I didn't know what caused his ears to be this red but as long as it's me, I don't care if it's from frustration. "So, maybe I should indeed work here."