38. Red and Warm

Jin's POV

"Hyung! Are you okay?" I immediately lift my head to look at Jungkook who was looking at me in concern and a bit of confusion as a soft pout appears on his face.

That is before he randomly raises his hand and cups my cheek and then squishes it before letting out a giggle.

"Hyung! You're red and warm!" 

My eyes widen as I hear him say that and I shake my head, pulling away before cupping my own cheeks and they were indeed really warm. Shit.

"It's hot." I mutter, fanning my face which makes him raise his eyebrows.

"The air conditioner is on full blast." 

I gulp down, biting the inside of my cheek as I let out a sigh to just calm down my racing heart. As if I wasn't already flustered, this boy was making it even harder for me. Infact, it seemed he was doing it a bit intentionally even. 

"Can you get me a drink please? I feel like I'm seriously going to die because of the heat." Or maybe something else but he doesn't need to do this. "Please."

As he gives me a nod with a smile and walks away to the kitchen, I quickly go over to the couch and sit down before letting out a deep sigh. 

Everything is okay. I am calm. Everything is okay. 

I continue to just chant the same, feeling my heartbeat get way more stabilised than before but even then it was racing so fast. It was a good thing that there weren't many people around as everyone had rushed to the swimming pool for obvious reasons after all.

"Here you go." I tilt my head to look at Jungkook who had brought a can of cider and I give him a small smile before I quickly open it and take a good sip. The feeling of the cold carbonated drink going down my throat felt too good and I finally close my eyes, keeping my head on the cushion behind me. 

I can finally feel like myself-

"Didn't you just come out of Tae hyung's room?" 

And I choke on the drink, my heart stopping and my lungs burning, as the sweet cold cider now felt like burning lava and cough out, my eyes wide as saucers again as I look at him and shake my head immediately. 

"No! I wasn't inside his room. Just outside to call him. And hey!" I protest, immediately glaring at the bunny. "You were the one who asked me to do that! You should have done it yourself!"

"But-but I was helping Yoongi hyung so I couldn't do it myself." Jungkook says making me want to scoff in disbelief but I knew he wasn't lying. It's just I didn't expect to open the door and see that. But I don't want to say anything so I just press my lips and stand up. 

"I have a call to make." I say and quickly walk away to the kitchen before he would say anything else to fluster me again. "Aish!" I yell as soon as I reach the kitchen and pull my hair out of frustration. This was annoying, this was seriously too much. I am so embarrassed and more than that, I'm embarrassed about being embarrassed about it. I shouldn't be. It's not I didn't knock! 

That is until I see a familiar pair of shoes and I lift my head slowly to see the very man who I absolutely wanted to run away from staring at me in amusement as he was leaning against the counter with a coke can in his hand. 

"Liked what you saw?"

It took me a second to realise that this wasn't a hallucination. He was really here. How bad of a luck can I have?

Not knowing how to respond to him seeing me having a little moment, I let out a dry laugh and roll my eyes. 

"You wish. Those shoes are so ugly."