47. Running.

I wake up by something. I blink a couple of times as I hear soft noise from behind me. I roll over to see that it's corpse who's making them. He's frowning and mumbling to himself as he sleeps. I let out a sigh as I look at him. Is he having a nightmare? I lay my hand on his chest to feel his heart racing. 'My god.' I say quietly.

Suddenly his eyes snap open.

He looks at me, terrified as he moves away, going too far and falling out of bed. 'Corpse!' I quickly get up, wanting to help him but he moves back in tears. 'No-' he shakes his head a little as if to shake something away. He seems confused and disoriented. 'Corpse...' I kneel down, so I'm the same height as him. 'It's okay. You're home.' I say. He looks at me, still panting. Thinking it's okay to help him now, I reach out 'no!' I slightly jump 'don't fucking touch me.' He says as he gets up himself. 'What's going on?' I ask. His shaky hand reaches for the door knob as tears leave his eyes. 'Corpse Please.' He opens the door and heads out, bumping into the wall on his left even though the hallway goes straight. 'The hell is happening?' I ask myself. 'Corpse, wait up! We can talk about this.' I hear him storm down the stairs as he's gasping for air. He's really not doing well.

I head after him but soon hear the front door open. 'No! Corpse!' I run down the stairs and open the front door. 'Corpse!' The elevator door closes right as I step out. 'No, no, no, no.' I say as I'm starting to feel panicked too. I run down the hall on the other side and run down the emergency stairs. But of course I'm too late. He's nowhere to be seen by the time I exit the building.

'Where the-' I'm out of breath as I look around myself. I take another step away from the building but get stopped by myself soon after. 'Dont fucking leave me.' I whisper. Even with this stress, I can feel the pain in my chest again. Tears sting in my eyes. Where the hell would he have gone? I decide to head back up. It's too dangerous out at night, and I'm starting to feel less and less well.

I head up, leaning my back against the elevator wall. My chest aches and a sharp pain starts in my side.

I head back inside, dropping down on the couch as I start to cry. Leo gets up, sniffing my leg. 'Where could he have gone?' I ask Leo as i pet him. I sniffle as I wipe the first tears, groaning at the pain. I lay down on the couch, cold, but not wanting comfort until he's back. 'Amy?' I look up, startled by the voice. 'What's going on?' Selene asks as she walks up, sleepy. I quickly dry my tears. 'Uhm....' she sits down. 'I heard you two yell.' She says. I let out a sigh and rub my face. 'Did you guys fight?' I look at her, leaning my head in my hands as I lean my arms on my knees. 'No. He had a nightmare.' She looks confused at my answer. I sigh and stand up 'I don't know either. Something similar happened before, though he didn't run off.' I say. 'He ran away?' She asks as I'm now in the kitchen getting some water. 'Straight up left.' I say. I walk back over and hand her a glass too. 'Where could he have gone?' She asks. 'I don't know.' I say as I lean back into the couch, flinching at the pain in my side. 'You okay?' She asks on a sadder tone. 'Yea- fine.' I answer shortly.

A short silence falls over the room.

'I didn't know he was doing this bad.'

I look at her and see that she's upset. 'He was doing better for a while.' I say before taking a big swig.

After about an hour Selene decides to go back to bed.
I stay downstairs, hoping that he comes home soon.