94. Number.

'I'm sure her man takes care of that' Eversman says as he points at corpse. Corpse looks up, having caught what he said. 'Oh shut up.' I say a little embarrassed. 'Oh you would have lost your sanity if it wasn't for him.' I send a berry flying at Eversman, having it hit his face and fall back onto the table. He cocks his eyebrow as corpse chuckles. 'You guys are the ones crushing the hardest.' I say, 'ohhhhh, boehoe.' Brooks says mockingly. 'We say the way you look at him.' Eversman says with a smirk. 'You dare tell us we crush the hardest.' Jackson says. My face heats up, making the men at the table laugh. Corpse smiles at me.

'Lieutenant Harris. You have the word.' I nod and stand up. 'Evening everyone.' I say. I get some greetings back. 'I am proud to say that the 24th and 15th share the title of best combat platoons of our base.' I say as I pat Marksen's shoulder. Both out groups cheer. 'Nevertheless, I've seen great progress in everyone. Not just the soldier, but the higher ups too.' I say. I see some generals lift their glass with a nod. 'We've been on dangerous and complicated missions. We risked our lives. But I can say for myself that I was proud to do it among all of you.' People smile brightly and nod at my words. 'I have the idea that we've never been stronger. Because United as one, we are able to go anywhere, and do anything. I hope I don't speak just for myself.' I say. I get some answers back. 'It is good to see you all tonight, and it's an honor to speak as the only female Lieutenant here. I hope we will stand as tall as we do now, in the new year.' I say. Everyone applauds as I take my seat.

I let out a breath 'that was good.' Corpse says as he leans in. 'I don't like speaking in front of this big a group.' I say. 'You did well.' Corpse says as he squeezes my hand. I smile at him. 'I thought we outdid the 24th?' Smithy says. 'Oi!' Marksen says next to me, getting a smile back from smithy. 'Just saying sarge.' He says. 'Fuckin....' He mumbles something to himself, making me laugh and nudge his arm 'Come onnnn.' I say teasingly. 'Shut up.' He grumbles.

Back on the parking lot, we wait for smithy and Selene to say bye. After a bit of talking Selene walks back over as smithy heads back. 'Ey smithy!' I call out. He looks up in surprise. 'Come over here.' I say. He jogs up 'what's going on?' He asks. 'Liam don't be stupid to let her go.' I say. He looks surprised before looking at Selene. 'Could I, Uhm... maybe get your number?' He asks. I smile as Selene takes his phone and puts in her number. 'There.' She says as she hands the phone back over. Corpse hugs my side as he watches. 'Thank you, I'll text!' He says. Selene giggles 'okay.' He smiles brightly as he turns to me and hugs me, making me chuckle 'thank you.' He says. I pat his back before letting go 'have a good evening Smitters.' I say. He smiles and walks off, looking back and waving happily, making Selene giggle.

In the car ride back, Selene smiles in the backseat 'do you like him?' Corpse asks before I can. 'I think so.' She says softly as she looks down at her hands. 'Just don't jump in head first, get to know him a little.' Corpse says. 'Do you know where he lives Amy?' Selene asks. I nod 'but I'm not allowed to give away private information, so you should ask him.' I say. 'Is it as least close by, that's what I wanted to know.' She says. 'Yeah, it is.' I say.

'So, Christmas is next.' Corpse says as we lay in bed. 'Mhm.' I say as I close my eyes. 'Tired?' He asks. 'Mhm.' I mumble again. 'Okay, goodnight baby.' He says before kissing my head. I smile 'night.'