77. Take me back.

'See you tomorrow!' I nod with a smile before walking to the car.

Corpse is quiet as he sits next to me. He knows a conversation is coming up and he doesn't seem to be happy about it. 'You know it's okay right?' I ask. He hums 'it's not You're fault.' I say as I frown while looking at the road. He may distrust me the way he does because of past experiences in relationships. 'I never wanted anyone again.' He says. He takes a second before continuing. 'The shit that happened between me and her were far to damaging, so I told myself I'd never get a girlfriend again, to save myself from the pain.' He says.

I park the car and we both get out.

We step into the elevator 'that was what I had planned till you ran into me in the park that night.' He says, I look at him as he looks at the ground with a faint smile. The elevator door dings 'though I wanted to be with you, what I promised myself after the relationship I had before is still in my mind.' He says.

I look away
'or rather was.'

I unlock the apartment door. 'What happened between you two?' I ask. He set the bag down and takes off his jacket, not ever looking at me. 'We were fine in the beginning. The first few months were like a dream relationship.' I take off my shoes and walk further into the apartment, turning the heater on before the lights 'after I got ill and my anxiety got worse, she started to get more and more annoyed. I don't even known by what, but I'm guessing me.' He says as he walks in too, following me to the kitchen. 'I mean, I understand. I barely left my room. My voice hurt and so did my stomach. There was no one there besides her, so I guess I relied to much on her.' I start kettle and get two cups. 'The longer it went on, the worse things got. She started yelling at me. I was useless. A burden and couldn't even take care of myself. After another month or so, she started to drag me our. Made me go to parties and things with her friend and made me drink. Though being out in packed parties made my anxiety worse.' I pour the water into the two cups and put in teabags before turning to him. 'After some more time she was as annoyed but didn't mind taking it out on me.' He rubs his cheek while looking absent, probably remembering some moments. 'Loose hands. That's all she had to give me at that point.' He says. I rub his arm 'I didn't do anything about it at first because I was scared of being left alone again. But after two more months of that toxic relationship, I told her to move out. She seemed happy about it and did it. So that was the end.' He says.

I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him while standing on my tippy toes. 'I'm so sorry.' I say softly. He hugs me back, wrapping his arms around his waist.

We quietly stand in each others embrace.

It takes me back to when I first met him.
The selflessness.
The simple kindness, by walking me to the store and back.

How fast he was at my place when the break in happened. Not caring about the danger he would get himself in.

And how long he stayed after, sitting in silence with me till the sun came up.

The night after I told him I had to leave.
How hurt and angry he had gotten at me.
The shattered glass and harsh words.

Yet he brought me a blanket when I fell asleep in the hall.

A tear escapes my eye.
How could a man like this, deserve all of that.

I sniffle.

'Amelia-' he pulls away a little, but I hold on 'no. Please just stay like this with me for a second.' I say as I cling to him. 'Okay.' He says back as he holds me to him again.

I will forever try to keep him save and loved.
Even if he won't let me.
Even if we're not together anymore.

But for now....

'Please stay.'