80. Stealing.

Corpse finally comes to bed.
I snuggle into his side, hugging his waist. He chuckles 'missed me so much?' He asks. 'Shush.' I say as I take in his warmth. 'You want to get a tree for Christmas?' He ask as he moves his arm so I can lay against him. He wraps his arm around me and rests his hand on hip, gently tracing the skin. 'Yeah, that would be nice.' I say. He kisses my head 'I'm taking you out as well.' He says. I giggle 'thought doing nothing was okay?'  I ask. 'You said that being with me was enough. Never said that would be at home though.' He says. 'I don't care about Christmas.' I say. 'I didn't either, but I want to since you're here.' He says. I smile and lean up to kiss his cheek. 'Alright. Let's do what you want to do.' I say. We lay in silence for a second as I listen to his breathing. 'I'll tag along to that work thing.' He says. I kiss his shoulder and mumble a thanks before I move my hand under his shirt, feeling his muscles tense before easing up. 'Did you know....' I start before finding a place to lay my hand 'I'm in love with you.' I say, he laughs before coughing. It's so bad I make him sit up. 'Jesus.' I say. He pats his chest and clears his throat. 'I'm getting something for that cough of yours.' I say. He pulls me down with him as he lets himself fall back. 'Tomorrow.'

After work I head to the pharmacy and get him something for his cold and cough.
When I get back i get into the apartment, hearing corpse laugh and Selene shriek 'no!' She laughs as I hear footsteps run around. 'Slow down I-' corpse coughs. 'Ah come on brother.' Selene says. 'Sike!' Corpse says before I hear Selene shriek again 'no! Let me go!' She says while laughing. I'm still standing at the door as corpse comes walking down the stairs  with Selene over his shoulder. He coughs as she tries to wiggle free. I laugh as I see them, making corpse look at me. 'Well Hello.' I say as I walk in further. 'Hi.' Corpse says. I set the plastic bag down on the dinner table before taking off my jacket. 'Ma'am.' Selene says from behind his back. I shake my head while smiling. 'What's going on, huh?' I ask. 'She said she's going to steal Bimbus.' Corpse answers, still not letting Selene go. 'I take it back! Let me go.' She says. 'No.' Corpse says. I chuckle 'Bimbus is his soft spot Selene.' I say. 'I won't steal him! Please, blood is rushing to my head.' She says. He sets her down. She wobbles on her feet, face red and hair messy. Corpse clears his throat and looks in the bag. He pulls out the cough syrup and makes a disgusted face. 'Child.' I say.

We have dinner, and after corpse and I go and walk Leo.
It's softly raining as we walk in the twilight. 'I have my hands in the big pocket on corpse's sweater that I'm wearing. He slips his hand in and takes my hand in his. I bump into his side, getting a chuckle back. Two more days till my birthday. 'What's wrong?' Corpse asks. 'Huh?' I ask as I look up at him. 'What's with the sour expression?' He asks. I shake my head with a smile 'nothing.' I say. He squeezes my hand in his. 'I'm going to rank Eversman up soon.' I say to change the subject. 'Really?' He asks. 'Mhm.' I say. 'That's nice, bet he'll be happy.' Corpse says. Leo looks back to check If we're still with him. 'Yeah. He'll get his own platoon and everything. Though it's sad that we'll have to let him go. He's my left hand.' I say. Corpse coughs before sniffling and places his hand on his forehead 'yeah, he's nice.' He says. I take my hand out of my pocket and hold his arm. 'Are you feeling unwell?' I ask. I feel his forehead. 'You're burning up. We should go back bub.' I say as I feel his cheek. 'it's okay, short walk.' He says. 'Very short.' I say as we keep going.

After a bit he lets out what sounds like a soft whine. 'We're nearly back. You should head to bed.' I say. 'Mhm' we head inside and he heads up to bed. 'Is he okay?' Selene asks as he watches him walk out of sight upstairs. 'I think he's having a fever.' I say. 'Ahw.' She says.

Happy that I got the medication in time I get tea ready and put in one of the powder things. It said for colds and fevers so it'll help a little I guess. I knock on the bedroom door before walking in. 'Hey.' Say softly as he is as good as hidden under the covers. 'You should drink this.' I say as I set the cup down on the nightstand.

When it's nine I say goodnight to Selene and head upstairs. Corpse is awake and shivering under the covers. 'Please warm me.' He says as he reaches his hand to me. I get into bed as well, sitting against the headboard. He moves so he's between my legs and sits with his back against my chest. 'Personal chair.' He says as he pats my legs. I giggle as he pulls the sheets up higher. I wrap my arms around his shoulders.

We watch some videos on YouTube before we go to sleep. Luckily he's able to fall asleep because he's sick.