70. Ex

I've been handing out supplies for a while before Jackson walks up with corpse and his brother. 'Hey.' I say. I hand a bag with things in it to Mat. 'You can get clothes in the next one.' I say. He nods with a smile. 'Thank you.' Corpse says as he takes the bag from me. I smile at him 'I'll be done in a bit.' I say.

After ten more minutes someone comes to take my place and I make my way to my group. I clap in my hands once before loudly speaking 'good afternoon.' I say. They fall quiet and turn their attention to me. 'It's good to see you all. I'm Lieutenant Harris, and I'll be in charge this weekend. Does everyone have their things?' I ask. People nod. 'Alright. The. I'm going to ask everyone to change and come back here when their done.' I say. People get going, and corpse looks at me, a little lost. Jackson says something to him and he looks before walking where the others are going. 'Is he doing okay?' I ask Jackson. 'Yeah, little quiet though.' He says. 'Hmm.' I watch him enter the building.

After a bit he comes back. 'You okay?' I ask. He nods. I place my hand on his arm before walking back out in front of the group. 'We'll be going from here to A4. Eversman will lead.' I say as I sign for him to step forward. He walks up and stands next to me. 'This is corporal Eversman. He lead when I don't. In this case we both need to make sure we all get to the destination.' I say.

We start on our way, me and corpse in the back as Eversman and his friend lead the way. Now in the field corpse seems okay. 'Harris!' Someone calls out. 'Break!' I yell. The group stops. I turn around to find Eve jogging up. 'We're in your zone.' She says. 'Huh?' I ask. 'We'll be in B4, 5, 6. And C4, 5, 6.' She says. 'Really?' I ask. She nods 'can we join, till we reach B?' She asks. 'I want to set camp in A/B 5.' I say. 'Okay we'll take B6 for camp. But can we join you till there?' She asks. 'You forgot how to read a map?' I ask with a smirk. She slaps my arm 'I didn't.' She turns around to her group 'connect. We'll join Lieutenant Harris her group.' She says.

I raise my eyebrow as I look at her. 'Just do it.' She says. I hit the back of her head softly as I always do with everyone who's being annoying or dumb. I nod to Eversman who is waiting for me to allow the group to go on. Seeing how I'm now walking with Eve. Maddison walks with corpse. I keep an close eye on her as she walks awfully close. I'm not one to get jealous, but don't make my man uncomfortable. 'It's weird to walk with you in the field.' Eve says. I snort 'coming form Air Force. Its probably be weird to walk in the field anyways.' I say with a laugh. She elbows my arm. 'Though hearing you say Lieutenant is new.' I say with a smirk. 'Fuck off.' She says. 'You wanted to come along.' I say in defense.

'He doesn't look like the person to be around people.' She says as she points at corpse. 'He's not, but he likes my guys and they like him.' I say. 'You know Maddi is corpses ex right?' Eve asks. I quickly look at Eve. 'What?!' I whisper yell. She shrugs 'She recognized him earlier and told me. She says he wasn't the nicest of boyfriends.' Eve says. I scoff. 'Ey C! Get your ass over here!' I hear Jonson say. Corpse is gone as quick as he can. 'Why would he be a bad boyfriend?' I ask. 'He was harsh to her. Little abusive. I don't trust him anymore. She said he was nice in the beginning but then turned bitter.' Eve says. I shake my head 'there's no way.' I say. 'Come on Amelia. Does it not seem possible. By the way he looks and curses and shit.' She says. 'Oh don't be ridiculous.' I say as I roll my eyes. 'I'm serious. He looks dangerous. Maybe he really is. What happens when he gets bored of you.' She says. 'I'm sorry?' I ask offended. 'You know what damage can do with a person.' She says as she turns her head. Now my heart aches. 'That's not fair.' I tell her. 'Amelia-' 'Lieutenant.' I correct. 'I'm Lieutenant Harris over here. Don't come with this bullshit at me.' I say. I look behind me seeing that there's a gap in her group 'better keep an eye on your guys.' I say. She turns around 'Hey! Connect!' She yells.

My mind is rushing. What bullshit is that? I watch as corpse walks back up. 'Maddison, walk with Eve.' I tell her. She takes my place so I can walk with corpse. We walk in silence as I try to figure out what could have happened between them. I won't ask him about it until he starts about it.