85. Distraction.

I arrive home, corpse getting up and immediately hugging me. I hug back and close my eyes, breathing in his scent. No matter how fucked up things get or were, I'm home, in his arms. And right here, right now, things aren't that bad.

'How was work?' He asks as he lets me go. I smile tiredly 'you sound better. Work was alright.' I say. He hums and take my jacket from me, hanging it over the chair at the dinner table. I lay down a file. 'What's that?' He asks. 'Some things I need to read and sign. Couple of guys are getting ranked up soon.' I say. 'Oh.' He says as I sit down at the table. 'Want something to drink?' He asks. I shake my head and open the file, taking a pen out of the small pocket on my chest. Corpse sits back down. I read through all the files and sign them, when I do it's five pm. And hours and a half later then when I came in.

The day is nearly over Amelia .

I tell myself in my mind, I throw on my jacket again. 'I'm going to walk Leo.' I say. 'But you're busy, I can walk him.' Corpse offers. 'No, it's okay I'm done. I'll be back.' I say as I get the leash. Leo gets up at the sound.

I take a deep breath, letting the cold evening  air fill my lungs. I watch the golden sky as the sun sets. I know I can't keep doing this. At some point I'll have to sit. I can't keep distracting myself from this day forever. And besides that, it's unfair to corpse. I sigh, Leo looking up at me as he happily walks next to me. 'What to do with myself.' I say to him before petting him.

I get back and sit on the ground in front of couch as I watch tv.
Selene sets down dinner in front of me 'thanks.' I say. I eat it and quickly get up and to the shower. After that I read on the bed. 'Amelia?' Corpse asks as he knocks on the door. 'Hmm?' I ask as I don't look up. 'You've been acting.... strange.' He says. He sits down next to me. 'My bad.' I say. 'Hey.' He says as he places his big hand over the page. 'What corpse?' I ask as I look up with a sigh. 'What's going on?' He asks. 'Nothing.' I say back, moving his hand. He lets me move it. 'Talk to me if it's something I can help with.' He says. 'Sure.' I answer. Corpse doesn't know me like Marksen does, but he does know to leave me be when I'm like this. So he gets up and walks to. 'Love you.' He says before the door closes.

I sigh and drop the book in my lap.
Tears sting in my eyes as I let out a shaky breath.