"Are you insinuating what I think you are?" he asked.

"Maybe, but at least Silver he will approve," I giggled stroking my fingers over his hand before joining Flint at the wheel. 

"Nice chat?" he asked. 

"Yes, why?" I inquired. 

"Looks like you two are getting comfortable," he chuckled. 

"I wouldn't say that," I replied looking away out to the sea. "I don't want him in trouble because of me." 

"But I would approve of this match," he said.

"I don't need your approval," I huffed.  

"Sure," he said. 

"What does that mean?" I asked. 

"Nothing," he said. 

"Right," I said and pushed him out of the way taking the wheel. 

"Do you shove crew members often?" he asked. 

"Yes," I replied. He chuckled and shoved me back. "Hey!" 

"You don't know where we're headed," he said. 

"True," I walked to the side placing my hands against the sodden timber. I looked around at the ship and it looked so tired. "You've really taken care of her haven't you?" 

"I have tried my best, but she has taken a lot of hits," he replied. 

"It's not good enough," I said, "give me your glass." 

"Why?" he asked. 

"Just give it to me," I snatched it from his grip and pressed my eye onto the cold metal. "We're being tailed." 

"By who?" he asked. 

"English flag. Oh god! It's the pirate hunter, what have you done?" I asked snapping my gaze at him. 

"Nothing," he said. 

"Can you try and outrun her?" I asked, Silver joined us. 

"What's going on?" he asked. 

"The pirate hunter is on us, head for the storm," I ordered. 

"No, that will wreck us," Silver said. 

"It's our only chance of losing them," Flint said. My father barked the orders to his crew as I took over from him, the pirate hunter was still on our tail and began firing at us. 

"Take cover!" I yelled. I could hear the thunder of the storm as we neared. 

"Go down to the hull and help Silver plug the holes of the ship, it's going to take on a lot of water," he said. "You should be safe down there." Silver and I nodded heading below. The rain thundered against the side of the ship, we worked quickly plugging the holes. But the water around our feet also rose quickly, we were in there with one of Flint's other men and he was just as scared as we were. 

"I am surprised Flint told you to come down here with us," he said. 

"I guess I am no use on deck," I replied. 

"That makes two of us," Silver said. 

"Shut up," I said and punched him in the arm and chucked a wedge at him. The ship rocked violently throwing us around in the belly of the ship, Silver stumbled over and I tried to help him up but he pushed me away. 

"I can do it," he said. We worked in silence except for the banging of our mallets, but the bottom of the ship was filling up fast, the water would be at our waists in no time.