2

"Get those sails up men we need to catch the wind as soon as we can!" I yelled, I was desperate to get to Port Royal I was not going to allow Vane to die.

"Sails Starboard side been sighted!" One of my men yelled. I pulled my spy glass from my belt and looked through it, there was the Walrus coming towards us.

"We need to out run the Walrus; my father shall not stop me!" I cried. I gripped the side as the boat picked up and we glided away leaving my father in the surf. The boat rose and bowed into the waves as we picked up speed, the sails being whipped at violently by the wind, at this rate we would be there in a day, I just hope I was there in time. I walked the deck, bathing my sun-kissed skin in the bright rays of the fiery ball in the sky. I could hear the crew singing amongst themselves while my heart thudded in my chest; I was worried for my love.

That eve as I retired to my quarters and lay in my bed that had been bolted to the floor, I tossed and turned thinking of Vane, the last place he had been was here. I couldn't forget that one night of passion and lust we shared, his rough callous fingers dancing over my naked flesh, his lips being roughly placed on mine, I could still taste them, the feeling never leaving them. His strong body dancing in perfect harmony with mine. Our grunts, groans and cries covered by the waves crashing on the window.

The rocking of the ship soon lulled me into a pleasant sleep, and morn couldn't have come any quicker. "Captain!" A voice called banging on my door.

"Yes!" I called groggily, still in the dream world not departing as early as I'd wished.

"We're near Port Royal." He answered; I raced up throwing the sheets onto the floor. I ran a comb through my long black hair, and braided the left side, and pulled on my black clothes, and finally laying my black tricorn with the red feather sticking out of it on my head.

"Ready my steed!" I yelled as I ran up onto the top deck watching the port come closer as we flew towards it. It wasn't long till we reached the gangplanks, I walked to my horse slid my boots into the stirrups, the leather creaking under my weight. I gave him a good kick in the ribs; he reared up and jumped over the side before the ship was even tied down we galloped through the town never stopping, I knew where the pirates were hung and that was gallows point! "Faster boy, faster!" I exclaimed nudging him, we came up the hill we saw a pirate already hung, I pulled on the reins and my horse stopped in the dust flicking it up with his hooves. I saw Vane awaiting his turn, his hands bound.

He looked up at me as my horse announced my presence, the crowd all cried out when I rode forward and my horse almost trampled them. Our eyes met and he knew exactly what I was thinking, I kicked the horse in the ribs and he jumped on, I now sat just before the horses neck while he sat on the saddle gripping the pommel. "I knew you would come back." He whispered in my ear with his deep gravelly voice.

He quickly turned back being my eyes. "You may want to move a bit faster there's soldiers on our tail." He told me nibbling my ear. I could feel my horse slowing down, the poor beast was exhausted.

"We're going to have to run!" I told him, we both dismounted the still moving beast and began to run, keeping our heads low. We ran to the port where they began to open fire on us, I took my pistol from my waist and began to fire back, I killed a few men but I was shot in the shoulder I cried out and dropped my pistol, I tried to pick it up, "leave it!" Vane cried and pulled me to the port. I pressed a hand against it to stop the bleeding.

As soon as our crew members saw us they got the ship ready, we ran across the gangplank and threw ourselves over the side narrowly missing a few shots that were close to us. Vane landed on top of me, our faces inches apart.