London 1707

My father was a liaison to a sir Thomas and I was dragged with him. "I know you're not happy that we're here and that you have to spend time with his wife, but Acheron I could get us a better life." He told me placing his hands over mine. I just sighed and looked out of the window of the carriage. He leans back taking his hands away. "I hear Thomas has an interesting library." He said attempting to make me talk to him. I hadn't said a word since we left our country house. I wanted to ride my horse in peace but no I was dragged into the busy streets of London.

And staying with a lady was worse I hated being parted from my father, we had a tight bond and hated the idea of staying with her. "Acheron please!" He begged.

"Why can't I join you?" I asked not turning.

"Because it's improper for a young lady," he said.

"I disagree." I replied.

"You would." He smiled. "But you will see me every eve." He added.

"That's just not good enough." I snarled placing hands over my chest.

"I know my company is important," he rested his hand on my arm "but sometimes. I do have things to attend to." He said looking at me trying to catch my eyes.  He carriage stopped and we were outside steps, I looked up and saw a man and a woman standing at the top. I rolled my eyes as I stepped out. "Be nice." He whispered into my ear. We walked up the stairs and they greeted us.

"Are you the liaison sent to advise me?" The man asked. 

"Indeed, I am sir James Flint and this my daughter Acheron." He introduced us.

"Pleased to meet you." I said curtsying and lifting my dress as I did but it was in a mocking manner.

"I am a Lord Hamilton and this is my wife Lady Hamilton." He introduced them, my father took her hand and kissed it softly.

"Perhaps your daughter would like to take a trip around London to see a few sights?"  Lady Hamilton asked.  I looked to my father who just smiled at my expression, it was one of pure boredom.

"Of course she would like to." My father said and pushed me forward. I sighed and followed her walking away from my father.

"For such a young beautiful girl I'm surprised you have no suitor," she spoke up.

"I need no suitor." I replied not even looking at her but staring forward.

"Oh? And what makes you say that? Every young girl must have a man to take care of her," she answered. I stopped and turned to her, I sighed a laugh.

"I need no man to take care of me Lady Hamilton I can take care of myself," I smiled pressing my  fingers into my palm and a blade sprung out from under the sleeve and my wrist.

"I see," she looked a bit wary and perhaps a tiny bit scared.

"Your father knows you wear such a contraption?" She asked.

"No, it's my own design," I smiled sinisterly before pushing it back into its spring loaded mechanism. "Now where do we go first?"