10

He just smiled sinisterly at me, but rested his hand on the back of my neck and slammed my head against the bar breaking my nose, I dropped to the ground where he kicked me in the stomach, I still didn't cry I kept quiet. I pushed myself off the ground and punched him in the face, my father came up behind him while I punched him in the stomach. He whacked Charles across the back with his pistol, he paused and turned his gaze away from me "you will regret that Flint!" He growled.

"Don't think I will," he sneered. Vane ran at my father pushing him to the ground, they hit it with a thud. I pulled myself up against the bar and watched the events unfold I couldn't intervene both my father and Vane had it coming, they were rolling on the floor punching and hitting one another, till he stabbed my father in the shoulder and stood up to face me, blood trickling down his split eyebrow and nose.

"Now let's end this!"  Vane exclaimed punching me in the jaw, dazing me and then throwing me over his shoulder.

"Vane put her down!" My father yelled.

"No, you will have to come and get her!" He snarled and carried me out of the tavern. I began to beat against his back. 

"Put me down!" I cried.

"No!" He exclaimed and tightened his arm around me. He carried me all the way to The Ranger, everyone staring at us, he threw me into one of the cells on his ship. "Now you shall remain here and shan't escape from me again." He snarled.

"Ha! I've escaped from many different prisons this wont hold me!" I growled as he locked the door, I gripped the bars. "My father shall come for me!" I finished.

"I would like to see him try when we're out in the middle of no where." He said.

"You're just going to leave me here?" I asked.

"Till you have calmed down, yes." He replied and walked away. I didn't bother trying to brake the hinge there was no point this was unbreakable steel. I just slunk against the wall, and placed my arms over my knees, and leant my head against my knees, I knew I should have let him hang, I should have known he wouldn't have been grateful my father was right. I knew I should have listened to him otherwise I would still be on Nassau instead of being stuck here sailing to anywhere, I found the rocking of the ship beginning to lull to me sleep, I found my body dropping into the floor and fell asleep on the hard wooden floor, the licking of the Waves against the timber always made me sleepy. A few hours later and I woke up to someone banging steel against the bars.

I open my eyes and Vane is crouching over me, he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear gently.

"What do you want?" I spit, venom coating my words.

"To let you know we're almost at the island." He smiled.