Charles left me on the deck, blood flooding the planks. "While your captain is down, I am the one in charge you do everything I say, and if you do you won't die." He yelled. I saw a lot of men had grimaces on their faces. My quarter master was looking down at me. He crouched down quietly and rested his hand on my shoulder, I squealed in discomfort. I stared up at Charles anger displayed on my features my father was right.

"You take her to her chambers and you take care of her." He said pointing his pistol at my quarter master. He nodded immediately and carefully helped me off the deck and half dragged me to my quarters where he lay me down on the bed. His blue eyes glittered with concern, his long blonde hair fell into his eyes as he looked down at me. "I'll get some water captain." He said as he walked out and soon came back with a bowl of water and cloth. 

I unlaced my black corset and slid it off before unbuttoning my shirt, he swallowed uneasily and blushed. "It's okay." I reassured him, I removed my shirt and allowed him to clean the wound, I fidgeted in discomfort but didn't cry out. He had called for the ships physician since the bullet needed to be removed. I turned my head away as he put the utensil into my shoulder. "Sorry captain this will hurt." He told me.

"Do it!" I demanded. I felt the utensil go in, he wriggled it around before pulling out the bullet. I cried out loudly, grabbing the sheets.

"Sorry captain!" He exclaimed. I felt my consciousness slipping.

"Captain!" My quarter master called shaking me gently but I didn't respond, crimson was leaking rapidly from my wound.  

I heard muffle shouts from the deck, it seemed my father had caught up with us everyone was in a panic, my head fell back and I passed out, darkness consuming me.

A few hours later. . .

I wake up and look around I'm still in my chambers, I look around and see John sitting on one side, he smiles at me. On the other side is my father his head in his hands, his head slowly lifts with a forehead creased with concern. "Now you see why I tried to stop you, Acheron he only wanted your ship, not you." He told me. "John was the one who found you and alerted me." He said. I turned my head and glared at him.

"Would you have rather died?" He asked me. I shook my head causing my unnatural red hair to fall into my face. John walked around the other side of the bed he walked in front of my father and knelt before the bed, he rested his hands on either side of my face and brushed my hair away with his thumb.

"All we ask is for you to be careful when we reach port, because we have Vane on our ship as punishment for what we did and I know he will look for revenge so. . . " he was cut off by my father.

"Stay with us." He said.