7) time will tell

"Look, Kacchan, that one looks new!"

"It's not. It came out last year, nerd."

"Oh, come on! How come I haven't seen it then?"

"Because you're too busy getting shot every damn second of the day to pay attention to the newest hero merch."

Izuku gives his friend a mock glare, only slightly upset. "So you are mad at me."

"I'm not," Kacchan snarls, shoving his hands into his pockets and heading towards the shirt Izuku pointed at.

"Kacchan, I'm fine. And it's not like I wanted to get shot. It just kinda happened, you know?"

"Can't leave you alone for a goddamn second without you almost dying." He drags Izuku into the store by the front of his hoodie. "I don't even know how you're still alive after all the shit you pull."

"Death is tired of me. She threatened to file a restraining order if I showed up on her doorstep one more time—"

Kacchan raises a hand to hit him, and Izuku dodges it easily with a smirk.

They're on the top level of the mall, browsing through the stores and making fun of some of the products while buying little things here and there. The mall is pretty active during this time of day. The crowds are huge, and Izuku is sure that business must be booming since summer is almost near. The breeze is just chilly enough to give people an excuse to wear their long pants and sleeves.

Izuku himself is wearing one of Kacchan's hoodies. He showed up at his friend's house wearing his black jeans and a neon yellow shirt with the words I'm dead inside printed on it in flowery font. A humpback whale with sparkles coming out of its blowhole was the centerpiece of it all, and Izuku is still pretty proud of it. It only cost him a couple dollars at the thrift shop down the street to his building.

Kacchan, however, did not share his friend's sentiment on the masterpiece, as the second he opened the door, ready to leave for the mall, the light had seemed to leave his eyes. He made Izuku cover it up, claiming that he wouldn't be caught dead with someone wearing such a disgusting shirt.

So here they are. Izuku is still pouting, even though Kacchan's red hoodie compliments his black jeans and is actually really comfy and soft.

The boy is definitely not getting it back.

Kacchan grunts, gesturing with a hand at the shirt Izuku pointed at. "See. Fucking told ya. Came out a few months ago."

He's right. The tag has the original date on it.

"Whatever. It still looks nice." Izuku peers closer at it, deciding that he likes the Ingenium logo on the front. A little outdated since the hero came out with a new one recently, but at least it's on major sale. Izuku thinks he might get it.

He's only got a few bills left, so he can't get a lot, but he's going to cash in his checks from his recent gigs later on in the day, so it won't be a problem. After all, he isn't sporting a bullet wound on his abdomen for nothing.

He helped those kids get outta that hellhole, so the money doesn't really matter; it's just an added bonus at this point.

"You already have two Ingenium shirts," Kacchan complains. "Pick something else, or I swear I'll leave your stupid ass here."

Izuku rolls his eyes. "I'm surprised you remember those shirts. I got those years ago."

"My memory's better than yours, shitty nerd. Name one thing I've ever forgotten."

"You forgot me in the parking lot last month when we snuck into that amusement park."

Kacchan gives him a smug look. "I did that on purpose."