29) before the fall

WE'VE GOT CROP TOP RABBIT AHHH!! this is by Elephant on the discord server! ❤️

(warning:  implied/referenced child abuse, bullying)

"I hate school. I hate the homework, the people, the quirks, and I hate this fucking essay. How the hell am I supposed to complete this in one day?"

There's slight static from above. "I was under the impression Cementoss gave you a week to complete this assignment, Izuku. Is it not your own fault you started it with only a few hours before the deadline?"

Izuku gasps dramatically, feeling betrayed, and glares up at the ceiling. "Blasphemy! I'll have you know I've been busy this entire time. This isn't my fault."

Not this time, at least.

"According to Eraserhead," AINA's voice changes to that of a familiar hero's, "fighting crime is not an acceptable excuse for neglecting your responsibilities and schoolwork."

Dammit. Izuku doesn't know why he even bothers arguing with her. She's an AI, so of course she'll win. The boy pinches his nose in displeasure. "What did I say about quoting the hobo man at home? I don't wanna hear his voice here. It's bad enough I have to deal with seeing his stupid face every day at school."

"I'm sure he feels the same way about you, Izuku."

And okay, wow, that's uncalled for.

"I don't remember programming you to be so sassy," he mutters, turning back to his work. He chooses to ignore AINA's sarcastic reply and flips open his notebook. He still has some time to kill before he has to go out and finish some of his jobs.

There's less than a week before the Sports Festival, and he's been trying to save up whatever money he can to buy some last minute necessities.

See, Izuku doesn't have much time left. And he's not just talking about his sickness, he's talking about the eyes that have been watching him around for quite a few days now. His first stalker was kind enough to tip him off about what's going to happen in the form of a very ominous note, and the boy isn't about to waste his newfound advantage.

They're coming for him. And it's not unusual, really, as Izuku has to deal with vengeful criminals and villains on the daily, but this time is different. This is serious if it made Izuku's old friend come out of hiding and warn him about it.

He has to leave, and the sooner the better. There's no telling if anyone else knows he lives here, and he doesn't want to wait and find out the hard way.

All he needs to disappear is a fake ID and passport, along with some cash. He won't be able to take Missy with him, as that would put her in danger, so Izuku's best bet is leaving her with Kacchan. It'll just be for a little while, of course. Izuku isn't planning on leaving forever. A month or so should be enough time for everything to calm down, and only then will he come back and resume his work.

But where should he even go? America? His father wouldn't dare go over there to search for him, so it's the best choice for Izuku. He knows a ton of languages, so he'll be fine pretty much anywhere, but America seems like the right choice.

That doesn't mean he wants to leave his home, though, even if it's only temporary.

Izuku flips through his notebook, eyes briefly skimming the pages. He doesn't know what he's doing anymore. The essay is long-forgotten, not that he would care either way. His grades started out perfect, but this past week has really taken its toll on him. So what if he's slipping? He'll be expelled soon enough.

If he doesn't leave by then.

He turns another page and stops. All Might's signature stares back at him, and the sloppy handwriting and little face next to the name has Izuku suddenly feeling queasy. Oh. Throughout all of this, he hasn't even thought of All Might much.