𝐿𝐼𝐼

"Is this too tight?" he asks me a worried expression on his face as he towers over me. I shake my head no and his hands let go of the scarf he adjusted around my neck. He grabs his jacket before we step out of the apartment and onto the cold street of Paris. "Ah fuck." Louis groans a bit behind me and I turn around to see that he stopped on the stairs.

"Whats wrong?" I ask him worried and look for an injury on him but I can't detect any. "I forgot to take the umbrella, let me just grab it quickly." He says and turns around but I rush to him and grab his wrist softly. "It's not going to snow Louis, we're already late I dont know if Mr. Bernard has the same opening times like last year." I tell him and he looks at me for a second considering my words. He shrugs his shoulders after some seconds and grabs my hand intertwining our fingers in the process.

"If you say so, if we get wet it's your fault." He says as we start to walk down the street. "We won't." I assure him because I checked the weather on my phone before we left the apartment. Today is the last chance to go shopping because tomorrow is Christmas eve meaning that Timotheé and Lilly are coming back. Louis let's our intertwined hands swing between us soflty while I sigh. He's still treating me like I'm made out of glass but I don't want to make a big deal about it. It feels good to know that he cares about me  I just don't know how to tell him that it doesn't mean he can't treat me like he always did, before I had that stupid panic attack.

I hate this fucking anxiety so much it's just causing problems all the time. "What are you thinking about?" he asks me looking down at me. "My dad." I lie because I'm scared if I talk about my anxiety he's getting even more worried.

"Did he call since you left?" He asks me making me shake my head no. I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly because it feels good to be away from him. He's probably passed out drunk in a bar and for the first time I have too much on my own plate to worry about him. "He doesn't call when I'm at Timmys. Never." I tell him.

"Huh okay. Maybe it's better that way." he says and I shrug my shoulders. It probably is but it's not going to be for long. After New years we're going back to London and everything goes back to normal. I wish I could just stay in Paris and this safety bubble I have here. Paris feels more like home than London because Timmy is here. But I can't leave dad in London and Nick...and Louis. London is my home as well. It's where I grew up and I can't just leave it.

Louis suddenly stops walking and I look up to see what's the matter. The big writing catches my eye above the small shop at which we arrived. Mr. Burnards art supply. I'm surprised at how fast we were walking and how good Louis remembered the description I told him of the way. He opens the door for me and I quickly get inside making the small bell ring through the shop. A wave of heat meets my body and I sigh at the comforting sensation. Goosebumps rise on my skin as my body soaks up the heat.

"Melody?" a familiar voice speaks up but to my surprise it's not Mr. Burnards. A tall blonde boy makes his way out behind the counter. When he get's closer his blue eyes shine when he recognizes me. A suprised breath leaves my face when I rush over to him. "Leo!" I chuckle saying his name as I engulf him in a hug. He pulls me off the floor a bit and I laugh.

He puts me back down on my feet and I let my eyes wander over his aged face. Last year he was smaller than me now he towers over me, his shoulders became broad and his face lost its baby fat. Leo is the nephew of Mr. Burnard and every summer I spent in Paris Timmy took me here to play with him.

Leo was the one to show me how beautiful art can be and how you can express your feeling with it. I can't stop grinning at him because I didn't see him this year. His eyes stay on my face until someone clears their throat beside me. I turn my head and my eyes widen because I forgot about Louis for a second. "Oh sorry! Louis this is a good friend of mine, Leo this is Louis he is my..friend." I say and cringe at the word friend.