𝐿𝐼𝒱𝐼

Louis' POV

"Wait what do you mean she told you she doesn't want to see you anymore over text?" Millie asks her eyes big as we sit in the schools library.
We have a free period and she bugged me the whole day to tell her what happened.
How am I supposed to tell her what happened if I don't even know myself?
"I mean it just like I said." I tell her while my eyes wander over the many books standing in the bookshelf's.
They make me think of her again and I don't know when I reach the point where nothing will remind me of her.
"It's her dad. It must be her dad. You said he was really mad when he turned up in Paris." She says while she nods her head as if to confirm her information.

"Mad is an understatement but Melody continued to see me even though her father forbid her in the past. So I don't get what's different this time." I murmur while I watch the sun move out of the clouds and shine for a few minutes through the window of the library.
"Did you try to talk to her?"

"Of course I would she won't listen to me. She won't even look at me besides class Millie."

"And what does Timothée think about it?" She asks a worried look in her eyes and I can understand it.
I'm worried about her as well.
This can't go well that long for her.
That man was absolutely crazy and I'm scared that he's going to hurt her.
"He said he can't do anything she's turning eighteen in a few months and until then he can't interfere." I sigh because I tried to go over the situation a thousand times.

If Melody says she is good with her dad- even though I don't believe it- there's nothing we can do for her.
"That's bloody fucked up." Millie says beside me and I nod because it describes the situation perfectly.
I pull at a loose thread of my sweatshirt while I try to get rid of the thoughts about Melody.
My sadness turns into anger and last into frustration.
If she would just let us help her if she would talk to us we probably could figure something out.

"Do you think he hurts her?" Millie suddenly whispers and I look up to see her eyes trained on the other end of the library where Nick and Melody walk inside and sit down at a table.
"If I'm being honest yes." I say my eyes staying on her slender form as she gets out some papers and starts to write on it.
Nicks head moves over to us and when he catches us staring he gives us a small wave.
More like he gives Millie a wave.
"We should go over to them." She suddenly says as she picks up her bag and stands up.
I quickly grab her arm making her look at me while I shake my head panicky.
"She doesn't want to see me Millie. Let's just leave it." I try to reason with her because I really don't want to get another rejection.

"Louis you're not going to get better if you just mop around." She pulls her arm out of my grasp and takes my hand in hers pulling me up.
My eyes widen surprised at her determination even though I should know better it's Millie we're talking about.
I sigh and grab my bag because I know she won't let me stay away.
We make our way over to their table to hear them mumbling.
"I already said that I don't want to talk about it." Melody says but she stops when she and Nick look up at us.
"Hey guys." Millie pipes up a happy grin on her lips.
Oh god this is going to end in a disaster.

Melody looks a bit dumbfounded at our approach but she's too polite to reject Millie that's why she greets her with a small smile.
"Do you mind if we sit?" Millie asks now making my eyes widen as I turn my head to her but she ignores me.
She doesn't even wait for an answer and grabs the chair sitting down across from them.
I look around panicked because I really don't want to sit down.
"We're actually in the middle of something." Nick speaks up trying to get this uncomfortable situation out of the way but Millie won't let herself get pushed away.
"What are you doing maybe I can help."

"Millie.." I speak up making Melody lay her eyes on me and I stop speaking.
Why doesn't she want to go? She clearly notices that Melody is uncomfortable we should just stop.
"Sit down Louis." Millie says patting the chair beside her but I shake my head.
I won't stay here with the girl who kind of broke up with me over text.
"I don't think that's a good idea." I say making Nick nod.
"Yeah me neither." He gives me a small glare making me look at him confused.

"What do you mean?" Millie voices my thoughts.
"You can stay if you want Millie but Louis is not wanted." He says and I take a step back as Melody looks out of the window.
What the fuck is going on?
"Do you think that as well?" I ask her directly now.
She continues to ignore me and I scoff anger bubbling up my throat.
"Sure just play with my feelings and let me hang right. I know that you're not having it easy in your life but why won't you take our help?" I ask her again and she turns her head looking at me.

The raw hatred I see in her eyes makes me take a step back.
There is no trace of the warm feelings and the old Melody I know.
"You're right okay? I played with you did you really think that I would spend time with someone like you? We're completely different and I just wanted to hang around with the famous guy." She snaps and stands up her chest heaving.
My brain tries to comprehend her words but it won't function.
The words sounds so wrong coming out of her mouth because that wouldn't be something she would say.
Right?

"What..what do you mean?" I ask slowly because this feels awfully like a nightmare.
Please let it be a dream.
"I mean that everything what happened between you and I wasn't real okay? So stop with this and go on with your perfect life." She pushes her papers together, grabs her bag and leaves the library in a rush.
"Did you just hear what I heard?" I ask and look at the other two.
Millies mouth is agape a stunned look on her face as she shrugs her shoulders.

"Just stay away from her you did enough damage." Nick says as he stands up as well leaving the library.
"Damage?" I yell after him throwing my hands in the air totally confused.