𝐼𝒱

"Did you see that Louis commented on your Instagram post?" Nick asks beside me as I sit with my eyes closed in front of the window of our school library.
The sun decided to come out for lunch break and I try to soak up as much warmth as I can from it.
"No." I lie because I was wondering enough about the fact that he commented on my post and started to follow me.

"You're a bad liar." Nick chuckles beside me and I grin opening my eyes to look at him.
"Why is he suddenly so interested in you?"

"Don't ask me, I have no clue what's going on in this boys head. The only thing I know is that Partridge and I live in two different worlds. He probably wants some attention from some girl who's not hanging on every word that's coming from his lips."

"Do you think so? Because he's acting really weird, not like he usually does when he tries to get to a girl." His tone is questioning and I furrow my brows at his words.
"What do you mean weird?" I look at him and he points his finger to the back of the library where a boy sits in an armchair a book in front of his face.
When my eyes meet his deep brown ones they widen in surprise and he holds the book over them.
Upside down by the way.

"I think he likes you." My brows furrow at his silly statement. I let out a quiet laugh and look at him to see if he's serious.
"Don't be ridiculous." I tell him shaking my head and concentrating back on the homework laying in front of me.
"I'm just saying what I think. Hey you up for a movie night this weekend?"

"I'd love to but I'm in Paris." I tell him getting excited at the thought of seeing Timothee again.
"You're visiting your brother?" I nod at his question and smile.
"You're so lucky I wish I had a sibling living in Europe."

"Next time I'll take you with me, promise." I smile at him and hold out my pinky.
He hooks his finger around mine and grins sealing the promise.
"Hey Nick you coming?" A guy leans onto the doorframe that leads into the library.
I recognize him as one of his soccer friends.

Nick stands and packs up his things smiling at me.
"I'll see you on Monday, Josh and the others wanted to practice after school. Have fun in France." He says rolling his eyes and smiling.
"Thank you." I smile back.
"Oh and I think you should tell your stalker hi." He nods over to Louis who's still sitting on the armchair watching us as if we didn't see him.

I roll my eyes and he chuckles at my reaction, waving and leaving the library.
I sigh and pack my things up dedicated in my mission.
I take confident steps towards the dark armchair and stop in front of it.
"You know if you'd turn the book around you could actually read it." I say and he slowly lets the book down and looks up at me.

"Oh hey Melody." I ignore his cute smile and stop my lips from smiling back.
"Are you stalking me?" I ask him straight up and he gets up quickly shaking his head no.
"No I was just reading..I mean-" he lets out a frustrated sigh.
"Maybe I did come here to meet you coincidentally."
"Why?"

"Last time I tried to talk to you, you were gone so fast. I actually wanted to ask you if you want to hang out sometime..with me?" He sounds unsure and catches me off guard.
"You want..what?" I ask him blinking confused.
"To hang out..sometime..with me?" He says slowly as if I'm completely stupid.
"I..I don't think that's a good idea." I mumble and look down to sort out my thoughts.

"I-what?" He asks me unsure.
"I don't think we'd get along really well." I chuckle at the absurd idea of him and I hanging out.
He looks at me incomprehensible, his mouth slightly opened.
"I mean you didn't even know me before I met you at the library." I elaborate my point.

"And that's a problem why?" He asks me.
I laugh again but his brows furrow and I feel bad for laughing.
"I mean look at me Partridge." I tell him and he takes a step forward.
"I am." The intensity in his words and eyes makes me swallow hardly.
"What I'm trying to say is people like you don't 'hang out' with people like me."

"Why does that matter? I don't care." He shrugs his shoulders and I can't believe that he's for real.
"Why are you so hell bend on spending time with me Partridge?" I ask him curiously.
His eyes soften and he gives me a small smile.
"You're different Melody and I actually like that you are so different from me."

"Do you have some sort of existential crisis and I'm your new project?" I ask him because I'm really suspicious of this situation.
"No! In no way I would do that to you." He tells me and he sounds kind of angry?
"Listen we could just take a walk together and talk you know? If you don't like me or you feel uncomfortable in any way you can always go home." He tells me and I think about his offer.

"Sorry Louis, you're probably really nice but I'm really busy-" Lie.
"-and my parents are really strict as well."
I shrug my shoulders and give him an apologetic smile.
I walk backwards and see his smile drops as well as his shoulders do.
I turn and quickly leave the library almost running into someone on my way out.

"Sorry." I say and look up surprised into Millies face.
"Hi Melody!" She tells me friendly a smile on her lips.
"Hey." I tell her quietly and reciprocate her smile walking past her.
She gives me a weirded out look but I ignore it and make my way out.
I hope this was clear enough for Louis to let me be.