𝐿𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼

"Name?"

"Melody Parks."

"Age?"

"Seventeen."

"Is the recording device necessary?" I ask my eyes locked onto the black device laying on the table in front of me.
The blonde woman watches me intently as if I was the suspect and it makes me self conscious.
Her hair is pulled back in a tight not and her eyes are intrusive but bored at the same time.
I like her partner more he seemed friendly and I already told him everything I don't know why I need to do this a second time now in a secluded room.

She probably thinks I'm crazy because of Louis fit he threw when they wanted him to stay outside while a male deputy wanted to record my report in this room.
After ten minutes of discussing he stayed outside under the condition that I talked to a woman.
I love him even more for doing this and being so persistent on making me comfortable but I don't know if this woman scares me even just as much as any man.

"The device stays so we can go back to your statement any time if something seems questionable." She answers my question and I nod trying to focus on her questions rather than the small black thing.
"Now onto the report what and who do you want to report." Her cold eyes stay on my face and I have to swallow the lump in my throat and take a deep breath before I'm even able to answer her.
"I'm reporting my biological father for repeated domestic violence, mental abuse and attempted rape." I say the words shaky but I'm glad they're finally out.

The woman doesn't say anything for a few seconds but lets no emotion show on her face.
"Does any family member know of this or saw it happening?"

"My mom is dead and I have a half brother but he lives in France." I tell her and she shoots me an empathetic look for the first time.
Instead of letting her ask me another question I speak up.
"He..he couldn't handle her death and he blamed me for it. Over years I believed him and thought I would deserve his hits, his strict rules and the miserable life I had.
I had various broken bones and bruises. He controlled my whole life and when something wouldn't go his way he'd beat me or lock me up in the house for days.." I have to take a deep breath and I push my trembling hands underneath my thighs sitting on them.

"He has an alcohol problem as well he never could handle the liquor he would get even more aggressive under the influence of it.
He didn't let me have friends and held the social contact to people my age at a bare minimum." She nods her head as she finally starts to write things down on the paper in front of her.

"Did you try to seek for help during these times?" I shake my head and I'm sure I see a short look of surprise on her face but it's quickly gone.
"He'd blackmail me with hurting people I'm close to and mean much to me.
If I wouldn't listen to him he'd hurt them as well I don't know if he really has the power to but I'm just a teenager I don't know anything." I tell her honestly.
"I-.." I speak up but stop myself because I don't think saying it will help as much as showing.

I don't want to take the risk that I need to go back to that man and that's why I push my jacket of my shoulders and unwind the scarf around my neck.
I get rid of the grey zip up underneath it revealing a long sleeve which I pull as well over my head making the deputes eyes widen at all the layers I have on.
I have a shirt on under the long sleeve and her eyes instantly spring to my wrist.
It makes me uncomfortable to show so much skin but I have to do this.

I stand up and hold up the shirt and the top underneath it until she can see my stomach and my ribs the skin painted in colors like blue red and purple.
"I have them all over my legs as well but I don't think I need to show them as well." I tell her and she gives me a soft smile shaking her head.
I sit back down.
"If it's okay with you I'd like to take a specialist photos." She says and I nod even though every cell in my body wants to say no.
It's going to help.
That's what I tell myself over and over.