𝒳𝐿𝐼𝒳

"Did you get Lilly a present?" I ask my mouth full with toothpaste as I look at Timmy in the mirror.
He stands beside me toothbrush in his mouth as he starts to grin nodding his head happily.
"So your day was good?" I ask and he nods again.
"Could you answer with words." I press him and he turns looking at me confused.
I wanted to get something out of him because this is the first time he was alone with Louis for a long time.
"What is it with you being all pushy." He asks me and I roll my eyes shrugging.

"I don't know just wanted to check on you I guess." I lie but he sees right through me.
He starts to laugh and I cross my arms looking at him angrily.
"You're being mean." I mumble and start to brush my teeth aggressively.
"Oh come on are you worried that I scared your little friend away." He says nudging my shoulder and my eyes widen.
"No absolutely not!" I say and spit out the toothpaste and clean my mouth with water afterwards.
I sit down at the rim of the bathtub grabbing my brush to comb through my wet hair.
Timmy turns to me still grinning as he finishes brushing his teeth as well.
"You don't need to be worried you know I like Louis he's the best thing for you right now." His words make me furrow my brows and I stop to brush through my hair for a second.
"What do you mean the best thing? I'm fine." I tell him honestly.
"Yeah you are fine but you could be better. You're happy when he's around and I was actually surprised that he'd spend Christmas with us." His words confuse me even more.
"What has that to do with me being happy?"
"He's giving up Christmas with his family for you. He would give up a few things for you I think. I just want you to appreciate the good things in your life..and maybe you should let go of baggage."

Okay so this is what it's about. He's talking about my dad again.
I sigh and stand up putting my brush away.
I walk past him to leave because every time I come here to Paris he tries to convince me to leave my dad.
"Hey." Timothée says softly grabbing my wrist.
"I'm sorry I didn't want to upset you but if I'm being honest I'm scared that once your father finds out about Louis you're going to push him away and he doesn't deserve it and you as well don't." I open my mouth surprised at his words.
"I'm not going to push him away. Why is everyone so worried about him?" I ask upset.

"Because we know you Melody. And this boy is head over heels for you and I don't think you really realize that. Someone is going to get hurt if you don't realize that your dad is not good for you because he is going to ruin the relationship between you and Louis." He gets angry and it just flares up the anger inside of me as well.
"Louis and I are not in a relationship okay? And it's totally okay if Dad doesn't want to loose me he lost too much in his life and I'm sorry for him! I can't remember Mom, you can remember her, dad can everyone besides me! He can't even talk to me about her!" I cry out and feel tears of frustration build up in my eyes.

"Mom is dead! He should concentrate on the people who are still alive and make them happy! He's a coward for hiding behind the alcohol and you know it! I lost Mom too and I don't treat you badly!" Timothée screams and I take a step back colliding with the door behind me.
The tears escape from my eyes when I look at him scared.
He never yelled at me and I push down my sleeves subconsciously.
Realization shows in his eyes as he takes a step back.
"I'm so sorry Mels I really am." He says and I can hear the sorrow in his words.
I nod and dry up my cheeks.
"It's okay." I whisper because it really is I can't be scared of every person that screams at me.
His words are the truth deep down I know it but I'm not ready to admit it in front of him.
He takes a cautious step forward and holds out his hands for me.
I walk forward and hug his torso pressing my face into his shirt calming down by the familiar scent.
"I love you Timmy." I tell him for the first time before he can tell me.

He sighs and puts his chin on top of my head brushing my wet hair.
"I love you Mels. So much that's because I'm scared I don't want you to hurt yourself with your actions." I nod against his shirt and let out a small sniff.
"I know. I love you for caring but I'm fine I really am you don't need to be worried about me all the time." I tell him and let go off him.
Timothée doesn't deserve to be worried all the time he has enough problems and he's still young as well.
Even if I would agree to move in with him he would quickly realize it would be too much to handle for him.
I'm staying at dads because it is the best for everyone.
But maybe not for me.
He looks at me and gives me a soft smile.
"You're my little sister I'm always going to worry about you Mels." He kisses my forehead and I smile.
"Now go to sleep we have some sightseeing to do tomorrow." He says and I nod opening the door of the bathroom.

The lights in the apartment are already turned down as I tip toe my way over to my room.
I open the door but it creeks quietly and I cringe because I think Louis is already asleep in his room.
I close the door behind me and turn around sighing because I want to just pass out right now.
"Bloody hell!" I yell and clasp my hands over my mouth when I see a dark shadow of a person sitting on my bed.
I put my hand over my heart after I recognize Louis.
"Holy shit you scared me to death." I tell him breathlessly and he chuckles.
I slowly walk over to the bed and stop when I stand in front of it.
"Is something wrong?" I ask him worried because he usually sleeps in his room.

"I..no not really I just wanted to ask you if I could stay with you tonight? If it's alright with you." He quickly says and my eyes widen.
Louis staying in my room while Timmy and Lilly are just in the room beside us.
If he finds out he's going to kill me and then Louis.
The shining of his dark eyes convince me in an instant even though I know I'm going to be in big trouble when my brother finds out.
"Ehh..okay." I say and he gives me a grateful smile as we awkwardly climb under the duvet and lay down facing each other.
"Do you miss your family?" I whisper trying to detect his intentions.
"I think everyone misses their family a bit when their away but Paris is amazing and I'm having a really good time you don't need to worry about me I wanted to come here with you." He tells me and I nod looking deep into his eyes.
The darkness embraces us like a safe curtain and I think of Lilly and Timmy who both said the word relationship regarding Louis and I.
"What's on your mind?" Louis asks me his finger trailing a worried crease on my forehead.
"I don't know..it's nothing." I tell him quietly because I know I'm worrying to much.
Louis and I are good the way we are we don't need to label anything.
It wouldn't even bother me if Lilly and Timothée didn't say anything about it.

I mean he would've said something if he wasn't happy with the situation we're in right?
"It's not nothing if it's staying on your mind or bothering you." He tells me.
He slowly lets his hand wander through my wet hair brushing the strands away from my face.
Goosebumps rise on my skin and I close my eyes content by the caressing of his hand.
"What are we Louis?" I ask him eyes still closed as I feel his hand stop for a second.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean are we friends or not? Are we more? Because I don't know what this is between us." I tell him worried what his answer is going to be.

"We're definitely not friends because friends don't kiss." He says and I open my eyes to look at him again.
"Or do you kiss Nick?" He asks me jokingly and I smile shaking my head no.
"You're the only one I kissed in my life." I tell him honestly.
It's surprising how easy it suddenly is to open up in front of him.
I'm being my raw self and I know he could hurt me but I don't care because I feel too good in his presence. It's like I have to be honest with him and tell him every little detail of my thoughts.
I feel like I can be myself.
"You told me we should take it easy. Now you ask me what we are." He says wondering quietly.

It's not a reproach it's just him thinking out loud.
"I know and I would've never thought about it if Lilly and Timmy didn't talk to me about it. I like the way things are between us." I say.
"Then why do you feel the need to label it?" He asks me his hand wandering from my hair to my cheek stroking it softly.
"I don't know I was just worried and wondering if you wanted to label it."

"If we're both not sure how to label this then it isn't the time to name it. We have plenty of time to do that. Just so you know that I'm sure of one thing. I really like you Melody and right now I think you're the only person who could hurt me. If I think about calling you my girlfriend it doesn't seem like enough. It doesn't show how much of myself I'm really giving to you." He says and his eyes are so honest and sensitive that I have to lean forward on instinct laying my lips against his softly.
His words are touching something deep inside of my heart that I never felt and I never want to let go of this feeling.
My tummy feels light at the contact and my toes start to tingle at his hand wandering to my waist.
He draws small circles over my clothed skin his lips moving softly against mine.
We part and I look at him.
"I'm not going to hurt you I promise if you're not going to hurt me."

"I promise."