𝒳𝒱

TW: Abuse, attempted assault

If you're in the same situation or similar to it I want you to know that there's someone out there caring for you and wanting you happy. Please get help from people you trust and I wish you all the best.💗

I hear glass breaking in the kitchen while I lay over my homework that is due tomorrow.
"Dad?" I yell but don't get an answer.
"What's wrong?" Timmy asks over the phone and my eyes widen because I almost forgot that I was talking to him.
"Nothing, I thought I heard a glass breaking. Listen Timmy I'm going to check on dad talk to you later?" I ask him and grab the phone while I put away my unfinished homework.
He sighs and gives me a disappointed look.
"Melody if something is wrong you would tell me right?"

"Of course I would."

"So your dad is behaving okay right now? How is his drinking problem going?" I let my eyes wander around the room to dodge his questioning eyes.
"Everything is alright, dad is alright and I am too promise. I need to go now." I tell him as more crashing sounds come from the other room.
"Mel-" I don't let him finish and talk over him.
"I love you Tim Byee."
I quickly end the call and scramble up from my bed to rush into the kitchen.

"Dad?" I ask quietly as I step into the kitchen and my eyes widen.
His hair is messy and greasy today.
His button up is pulled into his jeans carelessly as he steps over the shards of the broken glass.
His head snaps towards me at the sound of my voice.
His eyes are red and his pupils dilated which causes me to take a careful step away.
"The glasses fell out of the cabinet. They weren't put away properly sweetheart." I gulp hardly at his sweet voice because his eyes are glaring at me.
Goosebumps rise on my skin and my instincts tell me that danger is coming and I should run.

"Please don't-" I don't get to finish my sentence when he grabs my wrist harshly and drags me into the kitchen.
"You needed to put away the glasses Melody! It was your fault and now everything is broken!" He starts to yell and I close my eyes as my wrist burns at his iron grip.
"I'm sorry dad." I cry out in desperation. He lets go of my wrist and I instantly go to my knees to pick up the shards of glass.
"Did you do your homework?" His voice is still deep and menacing as he looks down at me.
He squats down and takes my chin into his hand pulling my face close to his.
I can't stop the tears escaping from my eyes when I catch the scent of alcohol on him.

"You've been drinking again." I say quietly and try to look away from the familiar yet strange eyes looking at me. He's turned to a different person again and it's my fault I know that.
He laughs at my face and lets go of my chin pushing it away from him.
"You shouldn't give a damn about what I'm doing or not."
I grab a shard and hiss when it slices through my skin but I clench my jaw and don't let out another sound because just a little thing could make him tick off again.

"You didn't answer me." I get a quick flashback and the man in front of me turns into a brown eyed boy looking at me confused trying to figure me out. I push the picture away and open my mouth slowly.
"I forgot what you asked me." I tell him honestly and I hear the hit against my cheek before I feel the burning pain on my cheekbone.
My eyes burn again as I hold my cheek probably smearing the blood of my hand against it.
"Your homework did you do it?" He asks me demanding an answer.

"I'm not finished." At my words he stands in an instant and straightens his button up.
"You know what this means." He tells me calm as if he didn't hit me or yell two seconds ago.
I shake my head no in horror and crawl over the floor to grab the bottom of his trousers.
"Please dad no! I'm going to do everything  you want, please, I'm sorry I was doing them." I tell him desperately and I can't stop the sob from escaping.
He pushes me away with his feet and ignores my tears stepping out of the kitchen.

"Clean up the floor and your face, you know what to do afterward." He says while making his way to his bedroom.
Deep horror spreads through my body, freezing up every cell I have in it.
I sniffle and stand up walking over to the sink to clean my hands from the red blood the smell of iron and salt making my stomach churn.
I look up and see my tear stained face in the reflection of the window.
A storm is breezing outside making the leaves of the tree fall down.
My skin starts to buzz and I start to feel the familiar numb feeling crawl over my skin.
I form a fist and ignore the stinging of the wound and let my fist crash against the window.
It doesn't budge it doesn't even have a crack.
It feels like something is cracking inside of me.
My body is shutting down because every time it's about to happen it freezes in itself to help me from feeling anything.
It makes the pain bearable.

I leave the shards on the floor and walk over them making my way towards the room of my father.
I know what is going to happen, it's like my body is sensing it every time and my body already shut down in a hollow shell. It's moving on it's own and it doesn't feel like I'm a part from it anymore I'm a third person watching from a distance.
I push down the handle and step into the dark room.
"Close the door Mels." He tells me and I do as he says closing the door and facing him knowing that I'm not going to feel anything.
Thank god.