𝒳𝒳𝐼𝒳

TW: Abuse
If you don't feel comfortable with violence or physical abuse I'd suggest you'd skip the chapter and hope you are okay! 💗

"What is this!" Someone smacks the tabloid in front of me and my spoon drops into my cereal making the clattering sound be the only thing heard in the room.
I don't dare to look up at my dad instead I grab the paper with trembling hands.
The headline practically jumps in my face with a big photo showing Timmy, Louis and I.
My eyes widen and I look up at my dad in horror.
"I can explain I swea-" I don't get to finish when his fist collides with my cheek.

The swing is so hard that I fly off my chair and land on the ground holding my cheek in pain.
An instant throb makes it's way from my cheek making my blood rush in my ears.
"What did I tell you about boys Melody."

"I'm sorry." I say my voice quiet.
"I don't want to hear that you're sorry. We had clear rules!" His voice booms through the whole room his face showing nothing but darkness.
"No more art classes for you." He says and my eyes widen in shock.
I instantly shake my head no tears welling up in my eyes.
"Please don't do this to me dad! Please I'm going to do everything! He's not my boyfriend I swear!"

He grabs my arm harshly and I cry out when I feel his fist collide with my face again.
A sob escapes my lips,  I hate to cry in front of him.
But he can't take the thing I love so much from me.
"Don't lie to me. This is your own fault these are your consequences!" He drags me harshly through the hall and into my room throwing me carelessly against the wall.

A painful breath escapes me when my back collides with the wall.
He opens up all my drawers and pulls out the drawings and papers including all of my pencils and paint.
"Dad please don't do this!" I beg desperately and crawl over to him to try and stop him from taking away my soul.
"Stop begging you know it won't take you anywhere." He says disgusted and kicks me in my stomach with his foot.
This hit gives me the rest and I bend over on the floor holding my stomach in pain.

Tears are leaving my eyes rapidly as I see him leave my room in a blurry state.
"Get off the floor you need to be in school in twenty minutes!" He yells through the apartment and I close my eyes in pain.
I sniff and brush the tears from my cheeks ignoring the pain when I get up.
I grab my school bag and quietly lift my mattress to get my sketchbook from under it and put it in my bag.
I put some makeup on my cheek for later so no one will see the bruising and try to not cry again.
The front door slams closed indicating that my dad left probably to get drunk again.

This is my fault. I should've been more careful I'd never expected the news to write about me even though I'm Timmys sister they lost their interest in me a long time ago.
There is no point in worrying now I need to get going before I'm late to school.
And if Dad finds out about it I don't think I'm allowed to draw ever again.

   ⋆ ✯            ✩ . ⋆
⋆ * ✯ *         ✧ ⋆ *            ✯* ⋆         ⋆ ✯

I dodged Nick successfully until lunch and now I'm outside at the tables enjoying the sun that rarely gets out here.
To my luck Nick and I don't have any classes today because I don't think I could hide from him what happened.
After lunch I usually would have art class and it makes my heart clench that I won't go. I can't because my dad already called school and told them that I'm transferring from art class to physics.
Ew.
Hate is a really strong word but right now that's the only emotion I feel towards my father because he knows how important this is to me and that's why he ripped it from me.
My eyes start to burn again when I think of his behavior and I close my eyes in pain.
My heart is aching at the thought of never doing the things I love and that's why I wanted to avoid this whole disaster in the first place.
But I let Nick convince me that it won't hurt anyone to give Louis a chance.
Look where that has gotten me now my father is angry and I know this was just a small burst of his I have to be more careful now.
Even though I know what he did in the past and today isn't what normally happens when a parent gets angry but I can't get rid of the guilty feeling because I didn't obey him.
Maybe I deserve it.

"Melody!" A voice calls from afar making me snap my eyes open and quickly getting rid of the tears on my face.
I see Louis jogging over a big smile on his face.
A big weight gets lifted from my shoulders when I see him so happily walking over.
I'm happy to see him.
I really am.
And I decide to not let my dad make me get rid of this happy feeling when I see Louis.
I have to fight for the things that make me feel good and happy even if I have to fight it.
Louis face makes me realize that I won't let my dad take anything from me.
His smile drops when he stops in front of me.

"What's wrong?" He asks worried and I can't hold the tears back as I drop my bag and rush over to him hugging his torso.
I snuggle my face into his knit sweater and let the tears escape.
"Woah." He says at first but then I feel his arms hug me back strongly.
His warmth encircles me and lets me relax fully now that I feel safe.
A small sob escapes my mouth and I wince when I push my hurt cheek to hard against him.
"What happened?" He asks me his voice laced with worry.

His hands brush my back softly giving me a feeling of comfort when I look up at him.
When I meet his eyes I realize what I just did.
My cheeks blush instantly and I take a step back drying my tears with my sleeves.
"I need you to do me a favor." I say instead of answering his question.
His brows furrow but he nods anyways.
I pick up my bag and put it on the table searching for my sketchbook.

"You have to promise me to not look at it. It's really personal but I can't take it back home." I tell him as I pull it out.
He walks a bit closer his eyes still full of worry.
"Why can't you keep it at home?"

"My dad got angry. It was my fault really I should've known better. Now I'm not allowed to go to art class anymore he took all of my supplies."
The worry disappears from his face and I'm surprised when I see anger instead.
"What do you mean he took it? He can't just do that! Art is your passion, this are your belongings."

"But he's my father Louis he decides." I try to reason and calm him down.
I know he's right everyone with common sense would think like him but I really can't do anything about it right now.
Im seventeen and my dad is my legal caretaker so I have to depend on him.
"Just forget about it and promise me to keep it until my dad cools off a bit."
That's probably about never.
He sighs and nods taking the small book.
"I'm going to protect it with my life." He says and I grin the first genuine smile today.
He packs it in his backpack carefully as if it was a treasure.
"Are you sad because you can't paint anymore? Is that why you cried?" He asks me.
"Partly. It's just a bit complicated at home right now and.." I bite my lips because I almost tell him that I'm scared to go home after school.
I shrug my shoulders to shake it off.

His eyes scan my face to find out what I'm thinking and it's making me uncomfortable.
"Hey you can tell me." He says softly and I almost drown in his dark eyes.
I know that I can tell him but he'll run if I tell him I know that.
He lifts his hand out to me and my eyes stare at it for a second.
I can't bring myself to slide my hand into his because I really don't feel ready especially not now.
"I just think he needs to cool off and I don't want to stand in his way when I get home from school." I say telling him a small part of the truth.

His cheeks get a rosy tint and he scratches his neck awkwardly as he lets his hand drop slowly.
"If you want..I mean only if you want you could come over to mine. My moms making dinner and we could just hang out do homework and stuff.." he trails off and my heart makes a small jump.
Is this really a good idea?
I try to shut out the reasoning part of my brain.
Dads angry it can't get anymore bad.
That's not true.
But still I can take a few more hits it's worth spending some time with a person I like.
"I..yes I'd like that." I tell him smiling softly and his eyes widen as he smiles down at me.

The school bells ring and I put the strap of  my bag on my shoulder walking backwards.
"Okay perfect, see you after school at the entrance?" He asks me walking backwards as well.
"Yeah sure." I say and he smiles.
The second bell gets us both out of our giddiness and we both turn our backs to each other to rush off to our classes.
Ugh at first I have to survive physics.