𝒳𝒳𝐼𝒱

"Melody wait up!" Someone yells in the hall and I turn around in surprise when I see Nick dodging some students as he makes his way over to me.
"Hey." I say softly as I start to walk again when he reaches me.
He pushes his hands into his jacket pockets a smile on his face.
"I literally didn't see you the whole week besides our shared classes." He tells me disappointed.

"That's because I'm always hiding in the halls." I tell him honestly my eyes wandering around the hall nervously.
"Hiding?" He chuckles but I nudge his arm and make him stop.
"I'm not kidding it's like he's everywhere. I never realized it but suddenly he's walking me from our shared class to another because it's apparently "on his way", he walked me home says ago and I know he lives in a totally different street. At the beginning of school he's standing at the entrance waiting for me and at lunch he stares at me so long until I see him just to say hi." I tell him breathlessly.

"Who are we talking about?"
He asks me.
"Louis of course!" I whisper and his eyes widen instantly.
"Louis Partridge?" He says loudly and a few eyes look at us curiously.
I slap my forehead and grab his arm pulling him around the corner and into the girls bathroom.
"Hey what are you doing?" He protests but I push him into a stall and lock it up behind us.

"I think I saw him." I tell him pushing my sleeves down.
He starts to laugh loudly and I frown. Why is he not taking me seriously?
"Why are you pouting? I think it's cute how he's trying to get closer to you." He sighs empathy in his voice.
"But I want him to stop I'm not interested." I tell him crossing my arms.
He tilts his head at my words looking at me like he doesn't believe a word I'm saying.

"But what speaks against him? He seems nice and genuinely interested in you."

"But I'm not interested in him I already told you!" I scratch my arm because it suddenly became itchy at his scrutinizing gaze.
"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask him exhausted.
"You're scared." He states and I sigh letting my arms fall beside me my shoulders slumping.
He puts his hands on my arms and I let my forehead drop against his chest. I close my eyes when he starts to stroke my arms up and down soothingly.

"You're right." I say quietly still standing in his arms.
"I know I'm always right." I glare up at him at his words and he smiles down at me.
The smile gets replaced by a serious look when he puts his hands against my cheeks softly.
"Why are you scared?"

"I already have you as my friend why do I need him as well." He raises one eyebrow and I roll my eyes.
"I don't think he wants to be friends Mel." I shrug my shoulders as if it doesn't bother me.
"I don't date."
"But why not? You deserve someone nice by your side."
I bite my lip because I know it will sound stupid when I say it out loud.
"Your the only one who knows me really Nick. The real me as stupid as it sounds and you stayed. I..I'm scared that once I give in and he gets to know me he doesn't want to be with me anymore."

His eyes widen and he pushes some strands behind my ear.
"But why would he? You're amazing Melody and you're the best friend I could imagine having. When he gets to know you more deeply he's going to like you even more." He tells me seriously.
"Come here." He opens his arms as my eyes start to burn and I wrap my arms around him closing my eyes.
The hug is the first good thing in this week and I appreciate it more than anything else.
"I love you." He tells me and kisses my forehead.
"Don't stress about it too much get to know him and if you realize he still isn't your type you don't need to do anything alright?" He looks at me and I nod wiping the few tears away that escaped my eyes.

"Okay I have another class now call me on the weekend?"

"I will." I tell him and we step out of the stall. Just before he leaves the girls bathroom I stop him.
"Nick. Thank you." He smiles and nods opening the door and disappearing into the school hall.
I let out a loud breath and make my way over to the sink putting some cold water on my neck and forehead closing my eyes to calm me down.

After a few minutes of staring at my pale face in the mirror I grab my bag and make my way back into the hall. I can't stay at school forever just because I don't want to go home to dad.
I round the corner and knock into another person who grabs my elbows to hinder me from falling.
"Thanks." I let out breathlessly but my relieve quickly gets replaced with horror when I look into Louis face.
"Oh hey you're still here!" He says smiling and I take a step back making his hands fall from my arms in the process.

"I guess I am." I say quietly.
Try to be nice.
"Are you finished with your classes? We could walk home together." I ask him and he nods while we start to walk beside each other.
"I actually wanted to ask you something but we didn't have class together today and you weren't in the cafeteria at lunch."

"I was in the library I needed to finish an art project." I tell him and he nods.
He opens the door for me to step out of school and my cheeks heat up at the gesture.
"Well I wanted to ask if you're free on the weekend-" his next words get drowned out when I look up and let my bag slip from my shoulder when I see the person  standing a few feet away from us.
My breath hitches and I instantly start to run ignoring Louis surprised face.
He opens his arms for me and I crash into him hugging him as hard as I can.
"Timmy!" I breathe out excitedly as I smell the familiar scent of cinnamon and warm fireplace.
"I missed you Mel." He mumbles into my hair.