𝒳𝐿𝐼

"Wow this looks amazing." Millie says while she saunters off to another painting.
I stay put in my place on a small bench while I fill out the questions on the paper.
"Yeah sure." I mumble while thinking about the next question.
Mrs. Cowill wasn't joking with these papers it looks like there are a thousand questions to be answered.
"Melody." She says again and I look up at her.
"What?"
"Just forget the paper for a minute and enjoy this trip. You're so into art but you don't even appreciate the paintings." She tells me.

I sigh and stand up taking the papers with me.
"I already know the paintings Millie. I'm here every other week. And I want to get this finished so I can enjoy it afterwards." I tell her.
I'm not in a friendly mood today and I feel shitty about it because it's not Millies fault.
"She won't pick up the papers anyway shes just doing this so everyone learns about the topics." Millie says and I protest but she reaches out and grabs the papers from me pushing them into her bag carelessly.

"You didn't even smile one time during this trip what is wrong?" She asks me concerned. I shrug my shoulders at her and walk back to the bench grabbing my bag.
"Nothing is wrong I'm a bit tired."
"Is it because of what happened at the party?" My head turns sharply at her question but I quickly look back at the ground.

I ignore her question and ask one instead.
"Where were you at the party?"

"Oh I wasn't there I had a job in La over the weekend." She says and I nod walking back over to her.
She looks at me expectant but when she notices that I don't want to talk about what happened she lets her shoulders hang.
"Okay if you don't want to talk about it it's alright. Will you do me a favor?" She asks me now excitement back in her eyes.
"It depends." I say hesitantly.
"Will you show me your favorite painting?"

My eyes widen surprised at her question and I debate if I should let her really distract me.
"Okay if you promise that we're going to finish the papers later."
"Deal." She nods and I start to walk into the hall of the museum her following me.
I look at the familiar paintings and the sage walls of the hall.
We turn two times right and I walk into the room knowing the location of my favorite painting.
But when I step into the room I stop immediately when I see someone standing in front of it.
My karma is laughing it's ass off at me I just know it.

"Woah." Millie crashes into my back and I turn around.
"Sorry wrong room we should-" I don't get to finish my sentence as excitement flares up hin her eyes.
"Hey there are Nick and Louis let's just stop by for a few minutes. Louis!" She yells out and a few visitors are giving her dirty looks as she walks over to the boys.
God kill me. Now.
When she notices I'm not beside her she stops walking and turns around waving me over.
I don't have a choice anyways so why am I protesting so much?

I sigh and walk over to her.
Louis turns around while Nick walks over to a bench where his papers are laying.
I quickly dodge Mille and Louis and walk over to him instead.
"How's it going?" I ask Nick while he writes something.
"I have to actually work if I'd have you as a partner I could enjoy this trip." He says groaning.
I grab the pencil out of his hand making him look up at me.
"I have these already finished let me help you while Millie chats up Louis."
I sit down beside him and grab the papers.
Being distracted from him is probably better than to be in a bad mood all day long.

"You are the best you know that." He says and grins at me letting out a content sigh.
I stay silent and fill out the work sheet quickly.
"You know your Prince Charming is actually quite cool but he seems to be stressed today." At Nicks words I look up and see Louis with his hands in his trousers while Millie looks like she's scolding him her hands on her hips.
They seem to be discussing a serious topic and Louis doesn't look like he likes what she telling him.
He goes with his hands over his face frustration showing on it.

When they notice our stares they walk back over to us.
"So should we get something to eat and take a break together?" Millie asks and I push the finished papers into Nicks hands.
I actually filled in all the answers even the ones I didn't  finish on my own paper.
"We're not finished with our papers Millie." I tell her.
"But you already finished ours you can just copy them." Louis surprises me when he speaks up and my eyes wander over to him.
Millie nods beside him grinning that she won.

I bite my lip in thought and look over to Nick beside me.
He shrugs his shoulders because he can't get me out of this situation as well.
"Okay." I sigh and Millie smiles so warmly that I have to smile as well.
Just a little smile.
"Then let's go." She says and grabs Nicks hand dragging her behind him.
"I'm going to come after you in a bit I need to..eh do something first." Millie gives me a thumbs up and walks out of the room Nick beside her.

Louis stops in his tracks and turns around.
"You don't need to wait for me." I tell him while I pull out a paper and some pencils.
If I'm already here I can make a sketch of my favorite painting as well I'm not that hungry anyways.
"I'm not in the mood for Millies good mood is it okay if I join you?" He asks me hesitantly.
I blink at him in confusion but I slide over to the end of the bench to make him some room anyways.

He sits down beside me while I pull out a book to lay it under my paper.
I start to sketch even tho it feels like every nerve in my body is aware that he's sitting so close beside me.
His jeans rustle when he moves and I feel his eyes on me.
His leg starts to bounce nervously and I close my eyes.
"You're making me nervous with your leg bouncing." I tell him honestly and I open my eyes to look up at him.

"Sorry." He says sheepishly and his leg stops instantly.
The rest of the time we stay silent and it's surprisingly soothing to have him sit beside me while I sketch.
It's not awkward at all and I relax at the comforting aura we created.
We end up not joining Millie and Nick in the cafeteria and we walk to the bus together hours later.
We still didn't speak a word to each other but it's not uncomfortable.
It's just us two spending time together just like before the kiss happened.

"Do you want to sit beside me?" Louis asks as we arrive at the bus.
I look up at him to figure out his intentions but his eyes are so open and genuine that I'm physically and mentally not able to say no.
"Sure." I tell him and we walk up the steps into the bus and he lets me sit beside the window.
Millie and Nick walk down the seats and I catch him wink at me quickly.
The bus starts to drive as the sun goes down slowly making me exhausted.

I feel the need to do or say something but I don't know what.
I impulsively do the first thing that feels right and hesitantly grab Louis hand.
My eyes stay on the things happening outside the window but I see his head turn towards me in the reflection.
"Is this..okay?" I ask him and turn my head to him.
He gives me a soft smile and nods.
"Of course." He squeezes my hand gently and I look back out of the window.
His eyes seem to tell me that I don't need to apologize for my behavior and I'm so grateful for it.
Once again Louis takes me for who I am and I don't have to change in any way.
I sigh content and save the feeling I have in my heart while I don't let go of his hand the entire drive back.