𝒳𝒳𝒱𝐼

I let the bread crump fall into the deep green water making the ducks swim over eagerly for some food to eat.
I push my knees up and let my chin down on them while I watch the little ducks follow their mom.
"That's not fair I never have luck in bets." I hear Louis bicker with my brother while they sit together on the small picnic blanket we put beside the lake.
They're talking for hours now and at first I tried to invest into the conversation but I quickly stayed a bit back because it was weird to see how good Timmy and Louis were getting along.
Scary.

I don't even know why I let Timothée convince me that we should take Louis along with us because my actual plan was to avoid him. More or less.
I'm trying to give him a chance and I think I did good today but now my battery is empty and Timmy is leaving tomorrow.
I wanted to have a siblings weekend because dad lets me of the hook when Timothée is here which is really rare.
I close my eyes and breathe in the fresh air of nature because this weekend was really relaxing even if I needed to share my brother today.

Maybe it's good that they're getting along then I don't have to talk too much to Louis because I actually don't know what to talk about.
Now that Nick told me to make an effort it stresses me out to be in Louis presence.
I pick the rest of the bread in my hands apart and throw them into the water because the ducks are already looking at me with their small black eyes expecting more food.
They grab the bread crumps and make their way back to the end of the lake away from the shore.

I sigh and let my hand touch the green grass softly underneath me.
My sketchbook lays open beside me the paper tinted with a small sketch of the lake.
"Hey." I wince surprised at the voice beside me and look up squinting my eyes.
The sun doesn't let me see the face that's why I put my hand over my eyes to see brown ones shining back at me.
I look behind Louis to see where my brother is but he is nowhere in sight.
Louis sits down beside me in the grass and gives me a soft smile.
"Where's my brother?" I ask him confused.

"He got a call from Lilly and said he wanted to talk to her in private he's just a few meters away." He tells me his eyes wandering to my opened sketchbook.
"Did you do this just now?" He asks his eyes widening as he picks up the book.
My cheeks heat up and I hug my knees with my arms letting my hair fall a bit over my cheeks.
"Yeah."

"Wow. It's amazing." His fingers softly brush the paper and he flips the page over before I can react.
"Wait-" I say and my eyes widen in horror when I see his laughing face staring back at us.
My brother is standing beside him and patting his shoulder his curls falling in his face.
Louis eyes wander over the drawing and the heat sprawls from my cheeks down to my neck.
Please ground open up and swallow me whole to keep me away from this embarrassment.

"You're really talented." He says softly and when I look up I'm surprised to see his cheeks tinted in a soft rosy color.
Now he's the one flustered even though I should be embarrassed.
It was just such a peaceful moment to see them both interacting with each other.
I shrug my shoulders to act nonchalant even though I'm freaking out internally.
"You two were looking quite comfortable I wanted to capture the moment. You can have it if you want to." I tell him and softly grab the notebook out of his hands before he can see any other pages.
His eyes widen when I pull out the page and give it to him.

"Thank you. It's beautiful." He tells me and the genuine adoration in his eyes catches me off guard. I give him a smile and lay down on the grass my gaze fixed on the blue sky, to escape his intense eyes.
I feel him shuffle beside me as he slowly lays down our arms pressing against each other.
The touch of our arms is weird and new.
When Nick and I hug or my brother it feels good welcoming, like home.

With Louis it is a new sensation, it's hesitant and soft like a summer breeze touching your skin as you close your eyes and let the feeling of pure euphoria hug your skin.
I let out a small surprised breath to get used to the new feeling.
Am I going to be sick or why does my stomach feel so light?