Cursed

[Medeia's POV - two hours ago]

My chest is hot....

I cursed at myself, knowing very well what this sensation means.

I glanced behind me to see both Marco and Izo are still following me, saying comforting words which I've ignored the whole time.

I have to get out from here...

They could get seriously hurt.

So I decided to leave. Just until I sobered up.

"Let's go."
I whispered to Viper as the burning that I feel in my chest is becoming worse by seconds.

With that Viper hurriedly took me to a deserted part of the outer island where I could barely feel a single living soul inhabiting the place.

"Stay here..."
Now my breathing is getting heavier as I started to hear voices.

Viper gave me a worried look. Unsure of letting me go by myself.

"I'll be alright..."
I smiled, trying to assure him.

I held on to my sides as now my steps are also getting heavier. The voices are getting louder and now my sight is starting to play around with me.

"Mom, when are they coming?"

"I'm sure they'll be here shortly, dear."

This...

This happened in the past...

This conversation with Mom...

"Meddie!!"

"Papa!!"

Now I felt something sharp in my chest.

"Do you remember? What happened to Mom?"

The image of Pops now started to twist and color drained from his face. Instead, a blood, red color filled my entire vision as his frown slowly turned into a smile.

But that's not Pops...

What happened.... of course I remember.

"No... what... what happened to Mom?"

That's a lie!! You do remember!!!

"I do remember..."
I muttered out.

My vision now has become hazy. Almost as if there's an earthquake under my feet.

"Little guy, how have you been?"

Now it's Marco's voice. Only that it's the way younger version of himself. I can still remember the pained expression he has on his face. A mix of pity, guilt, and sadness when he stared into my eyes.

This was... Mom's funeral...

"I heard she died because of her daughter."

"How unfortunate... she raised the kid alone while her husband is out at sea. And now she died after wasting her time overworking."

"Doesn't that just means the kid brings bad luck?"

"Now that I think about it, wasn't Vanna so lively before she had her daughter?"

"Maybe that's the price she had to pay... her husband is Whitebeard after all..."

Yes... I also remember this.