Decision

Spent the rest of dinner in silence, I felt bad for making the mood so sour after saying those last words about hostages. Since it apparently wasn't in their mind when Shanks first told them about everything that's going on during the tea party.

Now that I embedded it in their head, they started to have their own worries of it. The biggest one clearly being the Strawhats being a target due to Luffy being my brother and all.

But I'm actually not that worried since Luffy is in a safe place accompanied by Ace and of course, Rayleigh, who I couldn't imagine Teach defeat. My biggest worry right now is Pops and the Revolutionaries.

Pops' crew is very weak right now, due to the Marineford war and Pops being sick himself, put a lot of disadvantages if they were to fight. And the Revolutionaries...

Knowing how strong they currently are, I couldn't exactly say whether they would win against Teach and his crew or not. Even though Sabo is strong, he would be having difficulties fighting them.

"Snap out of it."
Shanks snapped his fingers in front of my head, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Thanks."
I accepted the glass of beer he offered.

He then sat next to me, leaning his head on my shoulder comfortably.

"You don't have to think all about it right now. We'll protect you."

If it weren't for the fact that he's sitting next to me, I wouldn't expect those kinds of warm words to come out of him.

He would just make a joke or tease me about it usually.

"But nobody's protecting the others."
I smiled sadly.

If Teach is truly the descendant of Rocks, everything would become even more complicated than they already are.

And his abilities as well... if he inherit it from Rocks...

"I told you to snap out of it."
He flicked my forehead.

"Ow.."
I winced.

"Who's protecting who, really? Do you think Marco and the others need your protection? Really?"
He scoffed.

"I'm just worried... ever since Teach betrayed him, Pops had oddly become- wait..."
I stood up in shock at the realization.

"What? What is it?"
Shanks stumbled a bit since I stood up too suddenly.

"Teach knows where they are."
My eyes widen in fear.

"Wha-"

"He's been a part of Pops' crew for decades! He-... there must be a reason why he hasn't..."
I'm back to being calm again as I try to think more about it.

"Capt! An emergency paper!"
Ben ran to us frantically.

"It's your father!"

______________________________

I couldn't stop myself from crying and hyperventilating as Shanks read the news out loud. My anxiety got the best of me, resulting in a panic attack.

"Look at me!"
Shanks put his hand on my cheek gently.

I stared at him through the blurs from the tears forming.

"Take deep breaths! Follow me."
He started to count from one to three very slowly, taking deep inhales and deep exhales.

"Great. Now close your eyes and focus on the sound of our breathing."
He said again, calmly.

I followed his instructions even though it took me some time to adjust.