Torn

"Is that...?"
I pointed out to the large shadow of a ship in front of us.

"That's Big Mom's ship isn't it?"
Izo said.

"Then I-"
"I'll go instead."

Marco stopped me before I released my swords.

"Please let their ship fall."
I chuckled.

"At your service."
He smiled before flying off to the larger ship in front of us.

With one swift kick of his, Marco sent that ship back down the stream of waterfall.

"That's a really big ship."
Izo nodded, sounding impressed as the ship passed by ours.

"Her best soldiers are on that ship.... Should I just drown them now?"
I suggested.

"That's not a bad idea. But shouldn't you focus on the stream so we could get there faster-yoi?"
Marco returned.

"You can drown them anytime after that! Mrow row row!"
Nekomamushi laughed in amusement.

"Fine."

_____________________________

Since we appear to have come a little later than we thought, the others are already at war with Kaido's men as of now. We've also confirmed that Kaido is forming some sort of alliance with Big Mom for some odd reason.

The island we're heading to right now is called Onigashima. Apparently that's where Kaido is having his party along with most of his forces.

"You've fought his crew before, right?"
Neko suddenly asked.

"Huh? Yeah, around two years ago before I quit being a Marine."
I answered lightly.

"Which one of them did you fight? Was it an executive?"
Izo asked, looking alarmed.

"It was that annoying bastard... Queen."
I frowned at how troublesome the fight was because he's a cyborg, I had a hard time cutting him into pieces.

"Queen?! Two years ago??"
They exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah, it was a simple mission to gather information at first. But Kaido found out and sent out Queen along with his fleet of gifted soldiers after my fleet. We fought for five days without sleep and both ended up retreating because of our own superior's order."
I shrugged.

"Five days?? Why haven't you ever told me about that-yoi?!"
Marco is heated up for some reason.

"Because nothing big really happened. The injuries that I got weren't that bad. It was the ships who took most of the damage."

"Why did you retreat though? If five days were spent, then.."
Izo's eyes were saying that I could've won.

But looking back at it, that doesn't seem like a good choice.

"Sengoku sent me on another errand to Enies Lobby to pick up Robin and Franky who were captured by CP9 at the time. And after seeing that I could put up a fight for that long, he wanted me to fix my fleet and go directly to New World to watch over Kaido directly in Wano."

Their mouths fell at that one piece of information at the end.

"But as you all know, Marineford happened. So all that only stayed as a mere plan."

_____________________________

"He's basically sending you off to die-yoi."
Marco scowled.

"He's just too excited after that meeting with Queen. I don't blame him. I was kind of proud myself of that encounter."
I chuckled.