Smile

After that disturbing call, Law took me on a tour around the facilities. The workers there apparently got their new legs thanks to Law's devil fruit abilities and his knowledge as a surgeon.

They seem to oddly respect Caesar, meaning that they couldn't possibly know that it was him that caused all this in the first place.

So he's acting as a savior, huh...

"What a con-artist.."
I sighed.

"Hm?"
Law turned to me.

"No, not you. Caesar."
I explained.

"Oh, yeah, he sure is."
Law scoffed.

Then we came to a stop in front of another huge door similar to where Caesar was before.

"It's the Biscuit Room. He held that experiment here."
He informed.

Feeling myself getting angry the more I remembered Caesar's explanation of this particular experiment, I can only clench my fists and hold it all back.

I know I can do something for those kids while I'm here. Maybe even develop an elixir to stop the side effects.

"Stop."
Law suddenly said.

"What?"

"I know what you're thinking."
He stated.

"And?"
I raised an eyebrow.

As far as I know it, Law is also disgusted by this experiment Caesar did. Even someone known for being heartless like him doesn't like it.

"Don't. Whatever it is you're thinking. Don't do it. At least not now. Not immediately. Joker will kill you."
He warned.

Knowing that the warning he gave me are based on the actual capabilities of Joker, I feel even more frustrated.

I'm far too weak to even fend for myself.

_______________________________

Finished with the tour, he finally showed me to an empty room where I'll be staying.

"Law.. can I ask you something?"
I said before he left.

He stopped and turned to me.

"That offer... does it still stands?"
I smiled.

His eyes widened at the sudden question but quickly returns to normal as he smiled.

"Of course."

_______________________________

Setting up all the necessary equipment for my herbs and other stuffs took a pretty long time. Since this part of the island is the winter island, night came faster even though there's still some light coming from the other part of the island.

I head out to where Law told me the dining area was. It's really close to Caesar's office for some obvious reasons. And when I got there, all three of them were there, already eating.

"Ah, from now on prepare for another portion of food. We have a new addition to our family."
Caesar said in a rather sickly sweet tone to one of his subordinates who I'm guessing is in charge of food.

And I couldn't help but to cringe at the mention of family that he did.

______________________________

[6 months time skip]

It's been six months that I've stayed here in Punk Hazard. I've been helping Caesar in making the ultimate poison for his experiment while also making the antidote at the same time. Times had been peaceful here since nobody ever come as it's restricted for anyone, even the Marines, to come in the island.