Pain

[Sabo's POV]
[Finding Meddie]

A terrifying wail came from deep in the forest as soon as we entered from the gates. Even from here, I can feel the heavy aura of haki mixed with something as strong from it.

"Oh no..."
Izo's face turned pale in worry.

We only stared at him and the other Commanders in confusion. They all seem so shocked and worried at the same time as soon as they heard this weird sound from the forest.

"Her curse is acting up again."

"Shit! I forgot the incantations!"

"I didn't bring the necklace either..."

The Commanders talked amongst themselves as we rushed our search of Meddie.

Apparently Marco was searching for her. But he had gone for more than an hour. So we decided to look for the two of them. We found Meddie's pet Sea King around the dock as we surveyed the island, so we decided to pull on a stop here earlier.

"Meddie!"
"Medeia!!"
"Marco!! Where are you guys?!"

The wail piqued our interest as we slowly somehow walked closer to where it's coming from. Then weird things started to appear on our trail as well. Fire in the middle of this heavy rain. Clean cut trees and rocks paved its way deeper into the forest.

And that's when we finally heard a reply from Marco.

I almost dropped to my knees as Izo cleared the bushes, opening the view. A scene of Meddie wailing, crying tears of blood, her body was standing in some twisted, distorted way. And of course... all the black markings that trailed around her body was clearly visible for everyone to see.

I can see the Commanders rushed to Marco's side and some to Meddie's side. Either to look for the solution to this chaos, or to hold her body since it's out of control. My ears can't hear clearly now. Just as if water just entered it, filling it all the way up.

"Have this with you at all times, okay?"
She handed me a necklace.

"Didn't you give me a vivre card and that bracelet already?"
I chuckled.

"No... this one is for your safety. Remember what happened when you ate that snack I kept in the drawer?"
She asked.

I gulped as I remembered that I ended up beaten up and had to stay still to heal the injuries for around two weeks.

"Y-yeah..."

"Well, just think of this as a magical button that would stop me from killing you someday."
She smiled as she put the necklace in my hand.

"Alright then."

____________________________

I gave the necklace to Marco since I don't really know what I'm supposed to do with it since she doesn't really explain it to me either. But my heart was beating so fast as I think more about it.

I thought you were fucking joking!!!

I cursed at both her past self and my current self.

My head feels so light as the shock from seeing her in this condition is still affecting me.

It was this bad...?

A sharp pain in my chest shot me in the middle of this chaotic event. The rain only pushed all the negative emotions deeper in both my head and heart as I thought about how much we joked around about her curse the last few months.