Sabo

The hug went long and I must say, full of feelings as now the two of us are crying our hearts out. Sounds of sobs are the only thing heard in this empty med bay.

"You remembered?"
She said through sobs.

"Everything..."
I replied, getting her body closer to mine.

At least I think so...

"Oh lord..."
She whispered as her tears flow out even more.

We clung to each other like this until we both finally calmed down and gained our senses back. So we parted from the hug, looking at each other with a warm smile. At some point, I started to laugh at how silly we're looking right now.

"I was so shocked when you didn't recognize me earlier today."
She sighed, still smiling.

"Sorry, I remembered as we talked in the corridors. Flashes of the past came through my head."
I explained, ruffling her hair.

"So you really got an amnesia? That's so unlike you to forget things, Sabo."
She chuckled.

"I know. How could I forget you and the brats."
I sighed as images of Luffy and Ace warmed my heart.

"They're both doing alright, in case you're wondering."
She said as she showed me a vivre card.

"It's Ace's."
She said.

The color of the paper was still white, but with a twist of black dots on it, which got me worried.

"It must be injuries from his training. Both of them are now training with Rayleigh on an island."
She explained.

"I read the news and his name was mentioned. It got me three days in the infirmary, but I still just couldn't seem to remember back then. I guess seeing your face and hearing your voice is what triggered my memories back."
I chuckled as I remembered staying in the infirmary after reading about Ace's execution on the newspaper.

"Well, I can't blame you. Amnesia is a tough case to solve."
She said.

I just stare at her face and tried to write it down in my head how wonderful she's looking right now. I don't want to forget it ever again.

"Right! Your dinner!"
She clasped her hands and immediately grabbed the tray of food.

Right when she was about to feed it to me, I chuckled and refused.

"I can eat myself. You eat your dinner."
I said as I took the tray from her hands.

She nodded and grabbed her food. The two of us then started to eat as she told me stories of what I missed during the entire time they thought that I was dead. Right from the part of our childhood to the most recent ones.

"Wait, you were a Vice Admiral???"
This news was something else.

For as much as I remembered, Medeia never wanted to be a Marine. She always wanted to sail to the sea together with us, the boys.

"Only for a short time. I gave up to save Ace and Luffy during the war."
She shrugged.

Her face showed a tint of sadness, but there was no sign of regret. So I guess the Marines was dear to her heart. Well, some part of them. Probably Gramps and the friends she made there.

"Do you remember when we were little you said that you would choose to sail out with me instead of the two idiots?"
I smiled teasingly.

"And do you remember my reason for choosing you?"
She chuckled.

"No..."
I followed her chuckle with a nervous smile.

"It was because you're the smartest of the boys. Also, your cooking was the best."
She said.