Chapter 3: The True Demon

In an ill-lit room, where walls should have been white; instead, it was tinged with the dark and something else, and so grayish walls were formed. The ground was disturbing, amplifying the deathly, ghastly atmosphere: It was of red mire bearing the scent of the dead. This was the inhumane place the worthless, crippled thug was thrown.

Beyond the door of the shivering cripple, children (who can't be considered as such) were forming a line. One by one they were given codes associated with doors; doors which they were supposed to enter and complete a task. The task of course—is to kill.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

"Kuku. Who gives a shit?" I said cuz I don't give a shit. I am here alone in a karaoke box in Keyaki Mall. Earlier, I just thought of the shittiest non-sense: that is being alone in a place where one shouldn't be alone. Also...just what was that I heard outside from that Class-D idiot?

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

2:37 p.m., in Keyaki Mall.

"Oi! Ken did you hear?!"

"Hu—"

"Ayanokouji is a killer!"

"! Wha—"

"It's in the school forums! Look! Look!" Ike's interrupting words were so loud that everyone in the vicinity turned their heads, mostly with the intention of loathing; instead, after the inclusion of the word 'killer' those who were unaware of the recent news were quite shocked by the sudden revelation.

The mysterious Class-D student—Ayanokouji Kiyotaka—piqued the interest of many and is the topic of most conversations recently. It would be natural to want to know more of him. Of course, they wouldn't believe the unbelievable immediately; yet all they needed to do is to ascertain the authenticity of this 'factual'  information.

One person, known to be ruthless, unforgiving, and violent—Ryuuen Kakeru—just so happened to be there. And now, that one monster, the sole reason he still had lingering attachments to this school, is said to be—a killer.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

A few minutes later, in a karaoke box.

"Killer...? Kuku. Well, he's more fucked up than I thought," he said, but not entirely convinced. "Well, fuck it. I'll look at the school forums."

If he really is a killer, it's probably some self-defense shit: many would mistake him for a wimp and would easily get picked.

He took out his phone, opened the school app, and viewed the forums.

"..." He was silent for a moment. "...Well, shit."

He Scrolled through all the links with petty descriptions with words like 'Beating', 'Genius', and 'Chess'. Some of them aren't really petty like 'White Room'

White Room? What is that? Kuku. I don't care, I'm more interested in the word 'kill'

He continued scrolling until...he finally stumbled on one.

Tap.

Swipe. Swipe.

"Video evidence...?"

...Tap.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

"Surveillance camera? Is this that 'White Room' thingie?" he thought.

"Door Code: KR-37," the man said to a girl with black, shoulder-length hair who is one of the four remaining specimens of the 4th-generation.