Chapter 5: Behind The Scenes

In the previous school year, some time in cold December—"This is the last thing I'll say to you Kiyotaka."—a certain man with a frightening glint in his eye spoke to his son. "Consider very carefully before answering me." It wasn't really a simple conversation and more like a war of sharp-bladed words. "[R]un away from this school of your own free-will, or to have your parent force you to leave?"

"We should end this. We know that, no matter how long we talk we'll never agree." the son said. And so, the end result was a stalemate, a fitting outcome for both equally unconquered monsters.

But that confrontation wasn't the finale. His determination is unshakeable, unwavering; he will retrieve his masterpiece. If his son can't be retrieved by simple, peaceful means, then a touch of evil will be enough to corrupt any system guarding the boy; even the cleanest of papers is rather easy to be dirtied. It is easy for him to suspend the director for a reason like "Policy Violations".

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Professor Ayanokouji is a powerful man who crushed anyone merely by giving few-worded instructions. Anyone who dares to look at him with even the slightest hint (or even none) of a challenge will meet a combination of horrible ends: false accusations leading to social ostracism; wealth drained of vigor and existence; and perhaps the most merciful of all—death.

Sometime in January, a joint coalition of the fallen was formed, though they weren't exactly righteous—Power-hungry politicians; sons and daughters of the ostracized; mourning yet lionhearted family members of those who were once powerful yet died of unjust reasons—everyone who held a grudge against that man and had enough determination, enough darkness to pull him down to the lowest of pits were doing exactly just that, fueled by a deep hatred for him; like a resistance rebelling against an empire. Such things have seen success in history, and so they hope that the sweet, sweet triumph will be theirs in the end.

Technology is ever-evolving. In the world of hackers (not necessarily the evils), countless vulnerabilities are discovered and disclosed, countless exploits are made and disclosed; yet for those who had other reasons, it would be a lot better to keep it private....

Dave Chapelle once said, "Modern problems require modern solutions."

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

On the 1st of May, 2:30 p.m., the data-leak happened. It's nearly impossible to face that man, but with information regarding the White Room leaked, he will be up against the entire globe. 'A facility that rejected humanity'—such an existence will spark anger in the eyes of people. Even for him, this is a troubling task; human rights is a very sensitive topic for the masses. And so, if no crafty, witty, cards can be played, just as he did before, the answer will always be...brute-force.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Later that day, Task Force 238 was formed. TF238's primary mission was to cease White Room operations, which includes the apprehension of members of an unnamed crime organization and the relocation of its victims, three of which are in the Advanced Nurturing High School.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

"You! Y—you're...in the...news..."

"...—" Ayanokouji ended the call. If there's anything that can disrupt his concise and calculated thoughts, it would be the revelation of his past.

Karuizawa Kei felt a sharp pain once the call ended: she never expected him to end the call just like that, without warning, like garbage dumped in a trash can. She was a parasite; a parasite who loved her host. He was the first person she ever loved, a frightening existence she believed cared for her. But now, she felt pain more painful than the pain she felt in her bullied past. But still...

I wanted to see him, I wanted to comfort him, I wanted to...touch him, like a lover who loves a lover should.

Just like that, her fear was swallowed, vanished. She wiped the tears off her reddened-eyes and stood up, although weakly.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

"...—"

I'm not thinking right. Just why did I end the call without much thought? I haven't devised a plan yet. I even failed to produce a failsafe for things like this. I don't even have enough information aside from the ambiguous "you're in the news".

"Ugh!"

This isn't like me at all, I must regain my composure and gather information starting with the 'news'. Also...Perhaps...the defeat that I so desired, is right around the corner....

Author's Note:

Don't hate me for the length 😂😂😂. I know it's quite short; but then, rather than uploading next week (I'm quite busy with school, ugh!), I decided to publish what I've written. In the next chapter, there will be: "Guns, lots of guns."

The last chapter was kinda... mediocre... should I remaster it? Tell me, tell me in the comment section. If you do want a remaster then the next update will be chapter 4 remastered and the "GUNS" will be delayed by about 2-2-2–3ish d-days

I'd also like to ask if I should continue writing in this format (third-person narrator + italicized text for thoughts).

Question (I don't know the answer that's why I'm asking): can a government form a task force within a day??? Your answers are greatly appreciated.

See you next update! 🔫🔫🔫/💔💔💔