Chapter 12: Monsters Collide

May 2nd. Holding camp building entrance. Sometime in the night.

"I'll kill you."

She stared at him as he stared at her. One was of insane, crimson hatred; the other was of bleak, cold indifference.

Whoosh! Without warning, she pounced towards him like a wild feline. Though her hands were restrained, one ought not to underestimate a monster.

Ayanokouji lunged back avoiding her ramming force. She then used the momentum generated from her earlier attack to lift herself high in the air. She soared into the air twisting her body before dropping a downwards-kick from above. Bam! She only hit the ground: he lunged back once again, merely displacing his body just enough to not get hit.

She propelled herself towards him with one leg in the air, guiding her direction. From that same leg, she threw a piercing kick. Thwoosh! He evaded it.

With no pause nor jitter in her motion, she stomped one foot hard on the ground, toes pointing away from him, and threw a ferocious back-kick with her other. Thwoosh! He evaded it again.

She retracted her leg and sprang backwards. The flame in her eyes, the hatred, the murderous intent only grew further and further than the furthest extremities of hate.

"Urgh!"

"I'll Kill You!"

"I'll Kill You!"

"I'll Kill You!"

The intensity of their movements showed their drive, their motivation—the impassiveness of one, and the murderous intent of the other. She fought with such indecipherable anger whilst the other doesn't seem to show that much interest.

I didn't try earlier, but, are handcuffs really that hard to break?

Snap!

...She just read my mind, I guess.

Whoosh! She rushed towards him like a train without breaks. When she was nearing striking range, she exaggerated the locomotive motion of one of her legs for one cycle, stomping hard as it dropped. She then threw the hardest punch she could ever throw, aiming for his untucked chin. He prepared to move his head to one side of his shoulder, intending to dodge the missile-like blow. However...

Slash! She adjusted the direction of her punch, and a psychopathic smile crept across her face: there was blood on her fist, and it wasn't hers.

His lack of interest was such a handicap that it allowed her to graze and cut the right side of his head, slashing it, producing a few centimeters of shallow laceration. Blood oozed steadily, at a slow, lava-like tempo. It ran across the contours of his ear, then his cheek then started to drip on the edges of his jaw.

"Haah," he sighed internally, "I got cut...I'll play your game, I guess."

Right after she cut him, she directed her fist away from him. Like a cocked gun, she threw a backfist towards his face with bullet-like speed. Whoosh! He sidestepped and leaned back, avoiding the powerful blow. Snap! He snapped the rigid handcuff restraining his arms.

She gathered her strength and pounced towards him yet again. Thud! He caught her wrist and pulled her towards him, amplifying her momentum. As she was forcefully propelled towards him, he thrust the elbow of the same arm, aiming for her face. Bam! Her face landed on the sharp bone of his elbow. He let go of her wrist, then quickly spun, thrusting another elbow of another arm whilst his back was facing her front, aiming for the same target. Bam! It landed with exact precision. He then held the back of her head, leaped up, and scissored his knees as he threw one towards the same target. Bam!