Chapter 6: Special Operations

Author's Note:

Ummmm...How do I say this...I think I made this fanfic way too military😅. I hope you guys would still like it though.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

May 1st, in the White Room.

The leakage included the location of this facility. Evacuation isn't an option—countless eyes are now pointed above us, military-grade satellite imaging. A bunker buster would be the fastest way to shut this facility down. But they won't do that. 'Freedom', 'childhood', 'human rights'—they are so hang-up on their petty ideologies and concepts that they won't utilize an efficient strategy, they can't understand the significance of this project.

I have countless tools at my disposal, and I only have one card left to play....

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

May 6th, 1:00 a.m., the darkest time of that night.

On a cold and stormy night—when the moon cowers behind the dark, wet, and heavy clouds; when the flashing lights of lightning were followed by the roars of thunder; when nothing was left but the strong and brave—mechanized birds were zipping through nature's harshest to conduct special operations.

The military wing for TF238 was a battalion-sized light infantry equipped with HOWA-89's and are deployed via VTOL. (Air assault.) Specifically, the helicopters they utilized were the Japanese variant of UH-60's, "Black Hawks", with door-mounted GAU-19 miniguns. Chinooks (heavy-lift helicopters) were also present but not for the transportation of land-based vehicles as the land formation of the mountain prohibits it; rather, it was to be loaded with the facility's victims (White Room students).

The entire force was divided into three company-sized structures, each placed in six or seven Black Hawks approaching the mountains from three distinct locations forcing a smothered checkmate. But that checkmate was merely a probability and wasn't a certain outcome. There will be a resistance, a strong resistance.

Professor Ayanokouji has a militia of his own, each equipped with either an M249 or an M240 and a body armor rated Level IIIA. Being in a defensive position has its advantages: like strongholds of the ancients, various defense-exclusive structures and techniques can be employed and used. From a military standpoint, it would be advantageous to include the White Room students. However, the success rate of creating a monster amongst monsters is infinitely small that nearly all the breathing White Room students in the facility were either destined to fail or merely little devils with little horns compared to him (the White Room's masterpiece).

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Amidst all the harsh sounds of nature—"Alpha 6, this is Alpha 1-6, explosives are planted, do you copy, over."—something artificial was there.

"Alpha 1-6, Alpha 6, copy."

Similar conversations were happening in two other locations. And after a few moments...

BA-BA-BANG!

Three simultaneous explosions overcame the harsh noises of the storm. The thick smoke from the explosives and whatever the residue was, ate all the light in its vicinity.

As the thick smoke settled down—"Alpha 1-6, breach confirmed."—a confirmation was sent through the FH radio comms.

"Alpha 1-1, entering through the breached wall." The first squadron entered the facility through the breached wall. However—"This is Alpha 1-1, lights are out. NODs down, over."—the lights were out. They had visuals on the skies since the leakage, no one came out. Having the lights out meant that they were prepared.