Chapter 9: The Parting

TF238's procedures weren't of the standards: everything about the scandal was far too fictional, so far from reality that they had difficulty with the preparations. And so, everything they do—their methods, their equipment, their personnel composition—were labeled 'special'. The newly formed task force wasn't purely military; the eradication of the facility was just one of its goals. They also had the task of rescuing the victims and give them proper health care—both mental and physical.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

May 1st. Advanced Nurturing High School, 2nd-year dorms, 4th-floor hallway.

Amidst the barren hallways of the dorm. There were armed men stationed in places. Though they were armed, their equipment prioritized non-lethality, so as to not injure their targets.

This is it. The room of that monster. Why do I have to be the one in front? I heard the guys in the other building were heavily injured by that girl. A girl!...heck, they even got fractured bones! And this guy's supposed to be the very best of these monsters. Shit. I'm not gonna die am I?

"Haah," the man carrying a handcuff sighed. He was sweating, trying his very best to stifle his fears as he was in front of his peers.

Though the White Room students weren't deemed as criminals, they were still dangerous. And so, the use of handcuffs was merely part of the special procedures.

Do or die.

After a deep and long breath—Knock! Knock! Knock!—he knocked on the door.

Moments went by, it was still silent. The tension grew more and more as the seconds went by. The man's thoughts however...

God have mercy upon my soul, God have mercy upon my soul, God have mercy upon my soul, God have mercy upon my soul[...]

Click! The knob on the door turned, emitting a tension-breaking sound. They all readied themselves, preparing for something otherworldly to come out. And then...

The door opened.

The insides of his room were shown—it was a blank slate, like the indifference of his face, like the pages of his childhood—It was blank, except for one, feminine rose. It wasn't really a rose and was more like an actual, breathing being so beautiful that she was compared to a rose.

The supposed monster of monsters—'The Masterpiece'—was in front of them, and a girl was with him. She was tugging the sleeve of his shirt, and her face showed the anxiety she felt deeply—she was distressed.

The team outside was so dumbstruck by what they'd witnessed that they widened their eyes, a mixture of relief was also there. They all had similar thoughts—"girlfriend?"

The supposed monster glanced at the handcuff the person in front of him was carrying. Surprisingly, he offered his hands.

Author's Note:

This isn't the last, relax...