Chapter 11: I'll Kill You

Author's Note:

We still won't be diving deep into Ayanokouji's mind (well, we'll be in his mind, but not the one I was talking about) in this and the exact next chapter (can't say the same for the 'next-next' chapter). This chapter isn't the one I mentioned in the previous chappie (this word sounds too cute. @tarichari, I kept hearing this word of yours on repeat in my mind for days and nights. I think I need mental medication 😂).

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

May 2nd, in a transport vehicle en route to somewhere. Between midnight and dawn.

The inside was dark and still, except for the little flashes of light: long rays of illumination were flashing in moderate intervals through the many long and vertical reinforced windows. Various sounds also found their way in, forced through its thick walls, producing urban-like sounds—some with smoothness, some with roughness; some with sharpness, some with dullness.

The vehicle had two sections—one for the men armed with less-than-lethal weapons, and another for him. He was inside, the monster, the masterpiece—Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

A few hours ago on the same night of different days of the calendar, he was captured and is now to be relocated to a temporary holding camp. The vehicle wasn't the ones used for prison transport, it had more space, and certainly not physically uncomfortable for the person transported (except for the restrained hands). Of course, they wouldn't hold them in the camp until the end of their rehabilitation. (If it would end: everything was uncertain.) And so, a rehabilitation facility was also made.

The facility was supposed to be made of prefab materials and is still undergoing construction. The facility, despite the use of prefab materials, would still take a long time to be finished and become suitable for operation. And so, the temporary holding camp wasn't your standard holding camp—it had the best of materials, the best of things, and the best of all. It was robust and comfortable.

Transportation was easy, construction was easy, but, the capture certainly wasn't...

Monster guy didn't go berserk. Thank God for that. Don't thank God for that little blonde woman though. She's...wild.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

May 2nd, outside the holding camp. Sometime in the night. Nearing 24-hours after his capture.

The camp was surrounded by high fences with barbed wires on top, only having one narrow, three-vehicle-width entrance in front. By the side of the entrance, there was a booth. Its bottom-half was concrete whilst the upper-half was reinforced glass, then shut sealed on top by a high-quality roof. Two people were inside it—the vehicular inspector and the one in charge of the gate's mechanical controls.

After quite some time, the two of them then eyed something from a certain distance: the three vehicles they long waited for were visible and fast approaching.

Two of the three vehicles successfully passed through the narrow entrance after the long process of a thorough checking. The vehicle he was in was next.

The inspector approached the vehicle about to do the same action he was so used to doing. He checked the outside first, thoroughly moving inspecting devices below and above. He went here and there, and then finally, he approached the back. He unlocked the door, slowly opening it. There he was—the masterpiece—in a deeper subsection of the vehicle.

He went and did all the things he'd memorized and then—Shut!—the inspector closed the doors as he finished checking. With a thumbs-up and a nod, the gates opened, allowing entrance. A sudden increase in auditory volume was then heard emitting from the vehicle's engine. Vroom!

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

May 2nd, holding camp building entrance. Sometime in the night. Exactly 24-hours after his capture

Ayanokouji was just outside the entrance, merely a few distances away.

This is the holding camp, huh. Doesn't look like one: It's huge and made of concrete. Definitely not new. I suppose this is used for something else and then repurposed for our accommodation. More importantly, when are they gonna remove this?

"!!!" They all flinched as he flung his restrained hands up to his chest, trying to communicate merely by actions—"Are you gonna remove this?" is what he's trying to say. For such a petty query, their reactions were...severe.

"Ah, n-no. Not, yet." the man said, stuttering.

The instruction they gave to us didn't include removing those restraints. Wait 'til we—hell, like I'll remove those from you, you scary monster!

Ayanokouji's restrained hands were pulled by gravity as he withdrew the strength holding it.

This is very uncomfortable, really.

After that scene, which most would mistake for a comedic act, they continued to guide him towards a determined path—through the 1st, thick and heavy double door; through a straight path from that door across a vestibule leading to the 2nd door of the same size and build; through the 2nd-door leading to a large hall littered with doors, doors; through an angled path within the large hall leading to a narrow-but-still large hallway, thankfully, without a door.

They reached the beginnings of the narrow-but-still-large hallway. On the sides were...doors.

Of the many doors they've walked past, one was eye-catching. Above it was a lighting device emitting green light, and by its side, it had a placard that had the name of someone from the 1st-years of his former school.

I already read about them online, doesn't really surprise me reading one of their names here. That light has a wavelength of 550 nanometers—green. Usually used to signify that there's someone inside. However, I could still be wrong.

I presume that the room sizes are equal. I can see the end of the hallway over there. Judging from its full length and the partial length of this room...only three rooms, huh. It's safe to assume that only the ones from my former school will be held here. No, in fact, that definitely is the case.

They continued to guide him in a determined path. Soon, they moved past another door. It looked the same—a placard by the side and a lighting device by the top. However, the name was different (obviously), and the light emitted was also different.

My theory was that those lights were 'signs' signifying that a certain person is inside. Judging from the vehicles parked outside, I got here last. This decreases the probability that my theory is correct. However...

The men had weird and puzzled expressions smeared on their faces. They glanced at the light source—once, twice, thrice, and more. The man in front went back as he gave in to his uneasiness. He moved closer towards the door, intending to inspect. With a single gulp, his hands slowly approached the locking-mechanism. Click! He slowly opened the door. And then...

Bam! A bullet-like kick shot him directly to the face. It was from a handcuffed woman, formerly within the room, and now on the concrete grounds of the huge hallway where she landed after the airborne kick. The inside of the room was filled with unconscious men, scattered throughout the flooring.

The man was on the ground, consciousness reaped. The other men in the vicinity were alarmed and pulled out their less-than-lethal melee weapons. A little scuffle was about to begin, and end swiftly...

One, two more.

Bam!

Two, one more.

Bam!

Three...

Weak.

All the men lied on the ground, unconscious. Anger was engraved deep into her face, she looked at him and uttered words full of hatred stretched out to its furthest extremities—"I'll kill you."