♯001| 𝐗𝐢𝐚𝐨. • caring about you? couldn't be me.

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐
❝I'll be looking forward to you
fulfilling my favour.❞
└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

⋆⋅✦⋅⋆Xiao, the conqueror of demons and one of Liyue's hottest men with the coldest demeanour among the Adepti

⋆⋅✦⋅⋆
Xiao, the conqueror of demons and one of Liyue's hottest men with the coldest demeanour among the Adepti. Never did the thought of saving, taking care of and protecting a mortal cross his mind for the past 1000 years... not to mention liking them too. Actually caring about people? Never in his life.
Until they came and crossed paths once again.
⋆⋅✦⋅⋆

A soft breeze shifted across the plains as a lone traveller wandered through the Guiliu Plains. Little did they know they were far from being alone. The moonlight glistened with stars twinkling in the night sky above. Guiding them were lanterns that dimly glowed, providing barely enough light to see. The wind was gentle as it rustled through, leaving a faint sent of freshly burnt grass.  As they walked mindlessly along the rocky paths of Liyue, only the sound of dirt and the gravel path  being crushed beneath their heavy footing could be heard.

Y/N POV:
I could feel the exhaustion and fatigue wash over my body inch by inch. I could barely feel my legs as I stumbled across the plains. I opened my bag and stared at my map mindlessly, checking for the 100th time to see whether for not I had taken the correct path to Liyue harbour. I should've just activated the waypoint there to save me the trouble huh? "Right so let's see... if I take the path straight forward, I should make it by noon. Though that would mean no sle-" I said, mumbling my inner thoughts to myself tiredly until-

"WE HIT THE TARGET, MOVE OUT CARRY THEM BACK. BRING THEM BACK ALIVE. THEY STOLE A SIGIL OF PERMISSION." a voice boomed out ringing through my ears. I looked down and to my horror I see an arrow dipped in some type of substance jabbed in my lower abdomen. Damn it this ain't good. Did I hear that right, stealing a sigil of permission? Is he crazy. I stagger backwards in confusion. I could feel my vision fading slowly as my breathing slowed down. I summoned my sword quickly, holding onto it loosely, I could feel my body swaying side to side. My head churned with agony as the substance rushed through my veins, penetrating my consciousness.

"Stay b-back" I stammered, slurring my words. I could hear footsteps rush towards me in every direction. I stumbled around, waving my sword carelessly in all directions, hanging my head low. What was happening why were they after me, did I hear that right? Childe was after me why- I had to fight them off or run. I could feel myself slowly lose touch with reality. No they can't take me, they'd kill me right? No stay awake, WAKE UP AND FIG-.

Suddenly a familiar anemo cloud surrounded me, followed with a loud clatter. I heaved my head up, digging my sword into the coarse dirt clutching onto the sword grip desperately as leverage. I could see the outline of a very strange figure in front of me, followed by the patter of footsteps running further away, retreat.
"Who-" was all I could mummer out before losing complete consciousness. Leaving me with my last memory of consciousness being a demon rushing to my side.

⋆⋅✦⋅⋆

I jolted awake clenching my shirt tightly in shock. My head pounded with agony from my sudden movement as I rubbed my head gently.
Ow. Wait a second... where am I? What happened? Wasn't I in a middle of a fight?
"You're finally awake, don't move too much. You're still recovering." A familiar raspy voice muttered.
I turned my head around towards the voice to see the one and only, Adeptus Xiao. He crouched next to me, concern furrowed throughout his expression as he scanned my face.
I could feel a ghost smile slowly form on my lips as I looked into his gold-like eyes.

"So... what happened?" I asked quietly still trying to piece back the events that had occurred not long ago, to my knowledge.
"I was following yo- I mean, patrolling the vicinity around Gului Plains when I stumbled across you being attacked." He says, helping me sit up in a comfortable position.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as memories started gradually piecing together one by one. Wait he was following me?
"If you were wondering why they were after you, it's because of this" Xiao, pulled out a sigil of permission from his pocket and placed it in front of me.
"The Fatui who ambushed you mistook you as a thief who stole their sigil of permission. It's a strange incident to occur, I'm still confused myself as to why this incident unfolded the way it did." He said explaining in a serious tone, gently placing the sigil next to me.
My gaze followed the sigil as I looked down to see the wound on my lower abdomen. I scrunched my face in disgust, though the wound was bandaged it still had a stain of blood seeping through. Wow he really bandaged it and everything. Damn.

"Oh I also dressed your wound, apologies for the messiness. I did not have proper supplies available to me, so I used the nearest appropriate flowers and leaves to stop the bleeding and temporarily bandage the area." He proudly stated, leaving me with a gentle smile.
"I guess I owe you a favour now, Adeptus Xiao?" I chuckle trying to lighten the serious atmosphere, looking down bashful.

He raised an eyebrow and cocked his head to the side, smirking at my remark. Soft finger tips found my chin as he gently tilted my face up toward his eyes. He gently skimmed my jaw tilting it side to side.

My eyes flicker over his face admiring his perfection. Though tales around Liyue told that he was 2000+ years old, he didn't look a day over 20. Absolute perfection from his eyes to his lips.
"I guess... you could say that" He replied. "Hmm, to pay me back..." he leaned in next to my ear softly, "You have stay with me for the week" he cooed, softly brushing strands of loose hair away from my ear. I could feel my cheeks flush from his sudden action. He looked at me once again staring into my E/C eyes, chuckling at my expression.

❝I'll be looking forward to you fulfilling my favour.❞

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐
F I N I S H

A/N:
Eyoo thank you for reaching the end and thank you for a 3k milestone and of course the support so far for the book! I hope you guys liked it, this one goes out to all my Xiao simps who are saving a crazy ton of primo gems lmao. Aka me because I lowkey want to roll for him but I'm going to go broke >:( apologies for any errors! I'm publishing this so late lmao. I know it's a little bit out of character for Xiao but I couldn't resist.

Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed and I'll see ya'll on the next page. <3

Word count:
1172