♯002| 𝐙𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢. • a way to say ilysm tonight.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
❝The moon is beautiful, isn't it?. ❞
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

« ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ »After a long day of work, rest would be the first thing that comes to mind to most people

« ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ »
After a long day of work, rest would be the first thing that comes to mind to most people.
Though it's a different story when it comes to Zhongli and his lover, as rest came second.
« ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ »

Zhongli brain rot go brrr

Throughout Zhongli's archon days, he could withstand weeks, months, and days his patience never wearing thin — waiting for the right moment to strike his opponent. Yet waiting for you to come home to his embrace, was torture to him. He wanted nothing more than to smother and pamper you with his affection, the thought running through his mind constantly throughout the day making him crave the sight of you more. You had consumed his every thought...

The soft sound of paper ruffling was heard throughout the empty bedroom. Zhongli's fingers delicately flicked through the pages of his book. The room was candlelit, illuminating a small warm aura. The sweet scent of freshly brewed jasmine tea wavered through the room, with only the sound of paper flickering and candle crackling in the room to be heard. The perfect atmosphere for two.

"The moon is beautiful..." he mumbled softly tracing his finger on the line of parchment. "...isn't it? A more way poetic way to express ones love, by Natsume Sōseki." finishing his sentence, softly pausing. A small smile tugged his lips as he leaned his head against the wall closing his eyes, as he thought of you.

The sound of keys jingling in front of the door followed by the steps of shoes. His ears pricked up as anticipation ensued, was it you? You attempted to open the bedroom door quietly, afraid that Zhongli might've been resting. Though you were wrong as you were met with a bright beaming smile from him.

"Darling... welcome home!" His voice was hoarse and soothing as usual yet had a hint of excitement as his eyes lit up in happiness. It reminded you of a oversized happy dog in a way. Though shortly, after he examining your tired state, his eyebrows knitting together in concern, his smile fading. Your worn out eyes flickered up to your lover giving him a small wave. His oak robe intertwined with golden silk patterns glowed in the candlelit room. His loose white blouse slightly unbuttoned exposing his chest, untucked from his dark scaled-like pants.

Placing his book down to the side of the bedside table, he stood up and wrapped his arms around your waist. His head dug into the crook of your neck. "Hard day at work, my love?" his breath brushing against your collar bone. His lover was finally home. You shivered as tingles were sent down your spine, giving him a small nod. He could feel you melt into his embrace and agreement as a warm chuckle escaped his lips. Your fingers ran through his soft brown locks, slightly ruffling up his hair.

His hands started to circle around your waist as he lifted his face, inches away from your lips. You could feel his heart beat and warmth radiate off him from the proximity. Your gaze lazily met his. His honey-glazed eyes penetrated deeply into yours, nothing but pure love and admiration behind them.

His soft fingers met your cheek, caressing you gently. You could smell the light scent of jasmine tea as his breath began to deepen which each passing moment. Shortly afterwards he tilted your head forward, leaning in. You melted into his touch as you leaned in, putting your body weight onto his, clutching onto his shoulder and neck gently.  Soft lips met yours as he felt your desperation which matched his, earning a soft groan from him as his grip tightened on your waist. Your stomach fluttered as a light blush flourished on your cheek. You felt your heart pulsate through your chest as warmth bloomed throughout your exhausted state, giving life in this brief moment.

Pulling away, both of you out of breath a smirk grew on his as he craved more of you. Though he knew, tonight wasn't the right time. Resisting his own desires to overcome and own you was hard but he knew it was for the better. A small idea suddenly interrupted his admiration for you as he leaned in.

"I want to show you something" he whispered into your ear as his fingers swiftly interlocked with yours, pulling you into his chest. "Come with me" as he guided you to the balcony. Your gaze didn't leave his as you stared intently at him.  He shifted the curtains to the side, opening the door to the bedroom balcony. The sweet atmosphere of night and peacefulness overflowed your senses. It instantly brought a calming euphoria to you as the cool wind shifted through your air. Though your gaze still held strong on him.

Zhongli tilted his head back meeting your gaze, a warm smile tugging at the corner of his lips. Using his free hand he softly tilted your chin to the night sky. Your eyes twinkled at the sight. The moon was in full bloom as it blossomed in the dark night sky. The stars twinkling bright like crystals, all throughout with not a single cloud in sight.

❝The moon is beautiful, isn't it?. ❞

he said, admiring the night skies display with you as a dorky smile laid on his lips.  He wanted to find a thousands ways to express his love for you, and this was one he decided for you tonight. Though he had seen it a million times during his life span, tonight was one special to him because of you tonight. A small chuckle was earned from you, knowing well what the quote he said meant.

"I can die happy. Arghh-" you responded back to him after tripping over your feet. You were losing consciousness as fatigue started to overcome your body. Zhongli caught you, straightening you up as he helped posture you. His gaze met yours once again with understanding. It was time for you to rest.

"Let me help you to rest, for tomorrow's awakening leads more excitement." He said to you endearingly, looking at your tried face. "Don't worry I'm here now" His golden eyes twinkling with a light kiss on your forehead.  You tried protesting by lazily shaking your head side to side, wanting to spend more time with him. But alas without a word you could feel your legs being lifted off from the ground with his voice fading in the background. "Sweet dreams. My love..."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
F I N I S H

A/N:
I had serious Zhongli brain rot during these past few days ngl. Hope this mans reruns in 1.5 but I'm going to be broke after Childe skskks. I hope you enjoyed! Zhongli stans I'm looking at you 👀

As always thank you for the support, we're so close to 100k omg I can't believe it.
Honestly thank you so much <3
Please take care and stay hydrated!

Words: 1174