♯004| 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞. • one bed for u and me.

╔═════ ∘◦ 🌊ミ ◦∘ ═════╗
❝What am I to you?❞
╚═════ ∘◦ 🌊ミ◦∘ ═════╝

╔═════ ∘◦ 🌊ミ ◦∘ ═════╗❝What am I to you?❞╚═════ ∘◦ 🌊ミ◦∘ ═════╝

∘◦ 🌊ミ ◦∘
Moments of realisation can come in many forms.
Though it may take a small nudge or even mishaps for those moments to be created.
∘◦ 🌊ミ ◦∘

This is kindaa a rewrite chapter but not rlly for those who have read #001 childe. enjoy! it's quite long lol.

Y/N POV: (it's been a while first person POV..)
My fingers tapped impatiently on the reception desk, my eyebrows furrowed in frustration. Whilst the redhead hummed playfully next to me, an innocent grin curved onto his lips, his arms crossed happily waiting. The lights around us flickered as my patience as well as the receptionist's wore thinner than ice.

It was late at night, way past our scheduled time. Having to finalise the new batch of Fatui was a longer process than we had anticipated, meaning a pit stop had to be made along the way... with him.

Childe, Tarantula, The eleventh Fatui. The name highly feared in battle was my partner for this trip. His name held reputation of fearless, professional, blood thirsty and cunning. Though the reality seemed to be a slight let down. After hearing so much about his accomplishments at a young age around the Fatui corps, I was more than excited to lend him a hand.

Though when getting to know him throughout the months of our comradeship he was proven quite different to how others perceived him. He was more like... a fluffy orange tangerine cat who could kill you at any given moment but could also be really nice.

People around the corps said that his "nice" side was only shown to me or something like that. I'm not sure but perhaps when he's not trying to kill me he's "nice?".

Personally, he's a little annoying with all his unprofessionalism and weird attributes. He just doesn't understand when to work seriously in certain matters. Though weirdly, it's only to me. Ive observed him in situations with other co-workers and he seemed different. I'm assuming it's a me problem, I told myself I would be more strict with him but... it doesn't work.

For instance, once during a meeting a member of the opposing cooperate said something along the lines of "Would you like to go out for dinner?" Which I was about to decline, until Childe slid in, grabbed me by the shoulder and declined for me, saying I was to have dinner with him instead. Unfortunately, that wasn't the first time he's done something like this.

Despite his cocky ego and weird attitude towards me, I have to admit his skills on the battlefield exceeded everyone's in the Fatui. He had a unique combat style with every weapon imaginable... except the bow. Which ironically he uses 90% of the time. He says it's to improve himself, but in reality I think it's because he's trying to nerf himself and make players have to whale for C6.