The First Full Moon

author's note: moonbeams and nice songs to all those who read my story. try not to get too much second-hand embarrassment from this one...

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

June 15, 1994

Elodie couldn't fall asleep. The moonlight shone in through the window, bright and strong. She felt like an ant put under a magnifying glass.

Lupin hadn't been lying when he said her senses would heighten. Elodie could smell each of her roommates and their different scents; hear and differentiate their breaths.

Even worse, George was snoring noisily in the boys dormitories. And someone else was breathing, very heavily.

Elodie tossed and turned, oscillating from anger, sadness, happiness, irritation-everything, really. Her emotions were a mess.

And bloody hell, did that person have to be breathing so loudly in the next room?!

Elodie stared up at the moon. It's former beauty had been disfigured by it's power over her, and now she felt like it was an enemy; something to be feared. She wondered how Lupin was. She wondered if he was felt the same.

Fucking christ, Elodie wanted to punch whoever was panting in the boy's dorms. His breaths had almost turned into gasps, for Agrippa's sake.

It might've been the moon that made her do it. But she couldn't sleep anyway, and the respiration was driving her mad.

Elodie got up, rubbing her eyes fiercely. She got on her slippers, intending on putting a silencing charm on the boy's dormitories. She crept down her stairs and up theirs, feeling more and more exhasperated as she came closer to the breathing.

Elodie had been about to cast the spell and walk away, when she heard her name. It was quiet, barely a whisper. "Elodie..."

Maybe someone had heard her walk up and fancied a chat. Then Elodie opened the door, and saw Fred's bed shaking slightly. He was sitting upright with his eyes rolled back in his head, and she quickly put the pieces together.

Elodie let out an embarrassed giggle and shut the door louder than she had meant to.

She ran downstairs, hands clasped over her mouth. Oh, Merlin. She was never, ever going to let Fred live this down.

"I'm going to kill you, you little minx!" Fred whisper-shouted, following her down the hallway. His trousers were only halfway buttoned, and Elodie tried very, very hard not to stare.

Elodie buried her face in a pillow, shoulders shaking with laughter. Her emotions were now a jumbled mix of amusement, embarrassment, and... being a little bit turned on.

Fred tackled her, making her laugh even harder. "You are dead. Why were you even in my room?!" He asked.

Elodie was completely in awe of Fred's lack of embarrassment at the whole situation. Why, if he had caught her...

"You were breathing too loud!" Elodie shrieked. "I came to tell you to shut up!"

"Why can you hear me breathe in the first place?!"

"Wolf things." Elodie answered smugly.

"Bastard." Fred sighed.

"Horny prick." Elodie replied.

"Shove off. It's all your fault."

"How is it my fault?" Elodie said incredulously. She couldn't think of anything in the world that was less her fault.